Redundancy & mat leave

(2 Posts)
Allthefours Mon 04-Jan-16 23:09:17

I am currently on mat leave from my job as office manager in a school. The head spoke to staff today about a whole school restructure which will be effective from sept 16. I knew the restructure was happening before I went on mat leave but none of the details.

The first day of consultation is today. I wasn't invited to the meeting but a colleague advised me it took place. The restructure documentation has been emailed to staff but I am not routinely checking my emails and unless my colleague told me I wouldn't have known anything.

Reading through the paperwork, my role is no longer in the new structure. There is a senior administrator role at the same grade as mine.

Can anyone advise whether I should be offered the senior admin role (I suspect the job description will be a variation of mine) or whether I will need to apply for it. The admin team are being hit hard with almost half of the roles removed from the new structure and there are 3 of us on the same grade but with varying roles but only 1 position at this level in the new structure.

I need to speak with the union tomorrow but I'm peeved that I wasn't invited to the consultation meeting by official channels today.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Fizrim Mon 04-Jan-16 23:13:42

I would speak with the Union - depends what the meeting was, if it was just about the restructure it would certainly have been nice to invite you. If it is the start of a redundancy consultation (which it may not, it's obviously a fair while before this new structure is in place) then they should have invited you.

I suspect that they may get the three of you on the same grade to apply for the new post?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now