Talk

Advanced search

Modification Order

(1 Post)
newlife79 Tue 27-Oct-15 14:12:54

It's a bit of a long shot but does anyone know if the modification order applies to people who take voluntary severance?

I've been working at a university for 5 years and prior to that was at a further education college for 5 years (covered under the modification order).

There is a restructure at my current workplace and I have been put in limited competition for my own job but I feel that it will be unlikely that I get offered it, as several more senior members of staff (including my manager) have been put into limited competition for the same job as they are getting rid of their grade.

I have been informed that I would be entitled to claim 10 years service if I am made redundant however if I apply for voluntary severance (I am only considering doing this due to the uncertainty of my job situation) I will be unable to claim 10 years service, as only the years of service at my current institution will apply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now