3 interviews this week - turned down for all of them

(3 Posts)
Notsoaccidentproneanymore Thu 24-Sep-15 17:25:30

Dh was made redundant in May.

He's had 12 interviews since then, 3 in the past week, which we kept our fingers crossed for. He's just found out he didn't get the job he went for an Tuesday. A job for which he has been doing almost identical work, for the past 8 years.

His last 2 interviews he just received short emails saying that he did a good interview, but they have decided to offer the job to someone else.

Is this common now, to just get a crap e-mail?

And does anyone have any hints, tips or advice on how to swing the interview in his favour?

RandomMess Thu 24-Sep-15 17:27:52

He could go back to them and ask for further feedback. He may not interview well?

ladyquince Mon 28-Nov-16 19:09:41

I have found the same problem myself. I was made redundant myself in October and I have had more interviews than I can remember this year. I simply CANNOT get a job. I don't know if it's the job market or me. It's very depressing. I am thinking about doing self employed work and it looks as though I may have no other choice.

Sorry I don't have any advice to offer, but please be aware that your husband is not the only one in this situation. There are so many applicants for every job these days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now