Talk

Advanced search

Next to no income with very large bills and a mortgage to pay!!

(5 Posts)
bossboggle Wed 24-Jun-15 20:08:12

My hubby has been made redundant again!! This time however things are different. We have the usual bills to pay out etc but there are no tax credits or child benefit as my son has now left education. I'm a full time carer to our disabled adult daughter so that's my income - carers allowance. My husband has only been working since September so I have no idea what he will get, is he allowed JSA?? There are five of us in the house - my son as yet is still on child benefit until August then that stops. My middle child works part time but is on a poor wage, average £85 per week. Any and all advice will be gratefully received as at this moment in time I can't think straight and I'm worried about keeping a roof over my head!! We have a mortgage but are so near the end of it (four years or so left to pay after some 30 years of paying it!!) I could cry!! My daughter is disabled so I can't go out and get a paid job - I work hard just keeping the house and looking after her - it's a slog and at the moment I'm going downhill - hubby says 'Oh it's okay - we'll manage' but i'm afraid I don't have his optimism at the moment - I'm just looking at the bills and there ain't much left for food either for 5 of us!!!! Help guys!!.........

TarquinMoriartyGruntfuttockII Thu 25-Jun-15 18:39:27

Sorry I have no idea how to help but why don't you also try posting over on MSE to get some help. click here

Also hopefully my post will bum you up the active threads on here and someone will be able help.

TarquinMoriartyGruntfuttockII Thu 25-Jun-15 18:40:39

and that would be bump you up the active threads blush

Smartiepants79 Thu 25-Jun-15 18:44:40

What will your other son be doing after he has left education?
How much work is available? Will you DH find it hard to get another job?
No idea what benefits are avilable I'm afraid.
I presume youve looked very hard at anywhere you could make savings?
What about speaking to your mortgage company and asking for a payment holiday?

expatinscotland Thu 25-Jun-15 18:51:51

Contact your lender now and see what you can work out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now