Talk

Advanced search

Help with redundancy

(4 Posts)
Kittymum03 Thu 29-Jan-15 16:13:24

Hi,I've been working at my job nearly 10 years.ive accepted forced redundancy as my job is no longer available.at the meeting they said I don't have to work my 10 weeks notice,but if I do,then my leaving date will be 2nd Feb.I received a letter confirming this.it says 'start date..' 'Leaving date 2nd Feb 2015' today,at work,I get told that I should ignore that letter,I will be receiving a new one,and my leaving date is now 20th March..Are they allowed to do this? What if I had another job lined up..I'm very unhappy.i tried to question it but got told I 'misunderstood the other letter' I'm worried if I carry on working I will loose my payment.any help would be appreciated,I don't know anything about this.

Kittymum03 Fri 30-Jan-15 06:49:04

Anybody?

Lagoonablue Fri 30-Jan-15 07:05:33

Sorry can't help but have you got a union? If not try CAB.

Kittymum03 Fri 30-Jan-15 07:38:59

Hi,I'm not part of the union but people that are have said they aren't any help.we've had a lot of problems the last few months with this redundancy.i will have a look thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: