Talk

Advanced search

Redundancy whilst on mat leave

(5 Posts)
coldofhands Fri 07-Nov-14 17:57:31

Hi, I just wanted to run something past you as I meant to call maternity action today but the baby's unwell so today has whizzed past.

Im on mat leave atm

New manager came into dept just before I went off and has decided to restructure management roles. 4 Locally based roles have become 3 National ones, 2 of which have a large salary reduction. There is no scope I could see for any of new roles being done p/t and there's no way I could get home for nursery pick ups at a set time, so I asked for vr. There's also no way breastfeeding would fit with new roles as would spend lots time travelling

Next meeting isn't far off and I just wanted to check as HR said something about vr only including enhanced mat pay, but from what I can find online it looks like I should get remainder of SMP, and organisational redundancy.

Does anyone know if I should get my notice period too?

Is there anything I should ask for or raise in the next meeting that could improve my standing?

TIA

WipsGlitter Fri 07-Nov-14 18:00:53

I was made redundant on mat leave. I got pilon (pay in lieu of notice) and a enhanced settlement that had a name that I can't remember!

You should, I think, get the rest of your mat pay. Not 100% on that.

Flowery's your woman first this, hopefully she will turn up here soon.

NotAQueef Fri 07-Nov-14 18:49:45

A compromise agreement wips?
That's what I signed when I took redundancy while on mat leave, i got all of mat pay (inc enhanced) plus redundancy plus PILO all tax free. Worked out v well for me and meant i could take lnger off with my baby and we moved.

fillie Fri 07-Nov-14 18:54:05

I went through this. While on maternity leave they can't make you redundant, you have to come to a compromise agreement where both parties agree. I believe the company has to pay for you to have legal advice, this ensures you get everything you are entitled to. I got all my redundancy, any unused holiday and all remaining maternity leave paid.

evertonmint Fri 07-Nov-14 19:00:35

I got all my mat pay, plus redundancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now