Talk

Advanced search

Women's Hour - is it just me or.....

(5 Posts)
Tommy Fri 07-Aug-09 10:58:45

is Jenni Murray turning into a grumpy old woman?
She is reminding me of that saying about youth is having a narrow waist and a broad mind and, in middle age, they swap placesgrin
I tnought she gave H Harman a rough ride yesterday and she was giving that non-driving bloke a hard time today.
I thought she was supposed to be a supportive sister hmm

wrinklytum Fri 07-Aug-09 11:02:28

Maybe patronising old woman is a better descriptor.

I do love WH though.

Tommy Fri 07-Aug-09 11:04:50

yes - patronising but might be better wrinklytum grin
I love WH too but I don't enjoy it as much when she is on anymore - she reminds me of my Mum grin

Tinfoil Thu 03-Sep-09 00:52:35

Considering how often she's on the radio, I'd just put it down to how we all have bad days sometimes.

nigelslaterfan Thu 03-Sep-09 13:02:44

LOL Tommy.

I think a Throne like the Woman's hour Throne inevitably turns a presenter into a kind of uber Daily Mail Columnist all: "Whither all of us? To Hell In A Handcart I fear!".

These R4 presenters are so farking middle class that if you sliced them open they would be shot through with 'WAITROSE' and smell of Red wine and Italian herbs.

She's bitter because the life of a crashing snob is necessarily unfulfilling. Spending your days wondering how you're going to crumble the mozarella and when you can next get away to Tuscany is just too rarefied a life for a great big lass like Jenni to have a proper good time. It's all too tight assed imho!!!!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now