Talk

Advanced search

martin shaw...anyone else swooning...until he chose Jennifer Rush?

(10 Posts)
hatwoman Sun 21-Jun-09 21:56:47

Desert Island Discs this morning. I thought he was lovely (which worries me because I know my mum thinks he's a bit of alright hmm) but then Jennifer bleeding Rush??? To his credit I think there was a hint there that he'd only chosen it for personal reasons rather then musical merit, but still.

moondog Sun 21-Jun-09 21:58:20

<grin>

I went right off Phillip Glenister when I heard an ad on the radio with him bleating about golf.

Yuck.
How unattractive are golfers ffs?

wrinklytum Sun 21-Jun-09 22:00:23

Oooh,I heard this but didn't know who it was as I was between ironing/hanging out washing and screaming dcs!

Are you a R4 addict.What do you reckon to ISIHAC?i thought VW was hilarious,and though I love SF NOBODY will ever replace Humph IMHO.

fruitstick Sun 21-Jun-09 22:00:51

Ah, my husband and I felt exactly the same. I speculated though that he was a man in the 80s and must have had a lot of action to that particular song grin.

I was feeling quite high brow until I realised that I knew one of the pieces because it was in The Shawshank Redemption blush

hatwoman Sun 21-Jun-09 22:02:44

I had a lovely morning today - went on a 3-hour journey - with no husband, children or dog, just me and radio 4 all the way grin. it was bliss. ISIHAC was ok. but it did feel noticeably humph-less.

malfoy Sun 21-Jun-09 22:03:08

I TOTALLY agree! I thought exactly the same thing OP.

BTW I hate Desert Island Discs but am an R4 addict.

hatwoman Sun 21-Jun-09 22:04:58

I saw Martin Shaw in A Man for all Seasons (which makes me sound a lot more cultured than I am...not counting panto I've been to the theatre about 3 times in the last 10 years) He was superb.

fishie Sun 21-Jun-09 22:05:01

control freak narcisstic i thought.

quite liked the bloke though, is just actor shite.

hatwoman Sun 21-Jun-09 22:06:52

I really like DID. (I like musing about what mine would be. when I get the call hmm). And like Wrinklytum I often find myself missing the beginning and having to guess who it is. makes it more fun.

KittyBigglesworth Wed 01-Jul-09 09:02:52

I missed the beginning too. I was trying to work out who would be proud of liking Jennifer Rush! I thought it was Martin Clunes taking the piss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now