I normally love Woman's Hour, but...

(7 Posts)
MrsMerryHenry Thu 26-Feb-09 18:11:35

bit stuck for ideas??

extremelychocolateymilkroll Fri 27-Feb-09 13:42:30

Link doesn't seem to work.

MrsMerryHenry Fri 27-Feb-09 15:36:55

how's this?

Basically it was an item saying 'save money by making your own lunch'. And that was about it. I listened partly out of incredulity and partly just to see whether I might have been missing out on something valuable. I wasn't

Actually, tell a lie, there were some really useful tips, something about using tupperware and something else about how you should include fresh fruit and veg. hmm Even a child could work that out for themselves.

noolia Fri 27-Feb-09 16:08:45

I had that and thought the same - "Thanks, at least now I know how to make a sandwich" Did you know that you should eat carbs (like bread) protein (could be in the form of a filling like tuna) fruit and veg (such as tomato, handily by concealed in the bread) and some dairy (like a yoghurt).
Also I quite liked the idea that most people listening are probably at home anyway - not really eat at-the-desk-types.

noolia Fri 27-Feb-09 16:09:13

I mean heard not had.

extremelychocolateymilkroll Fri 27-Feb-09 18:12:07

Thanks for the summary - won't waste time listening to the item now! I find it's always better with Woman's Hour to check what was on the programme and then see what I might be interested in listening to. My favourite tends to be the panel with Jane Garvey.

MrsMerryHenry Fri 27-Feb-09 19:57:20

I like Jane Garvey - find the panel a bit irritating at times, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now