Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else completely bored with the Archers??

(18 Posts)
seeker Wed 14-Jan-09 10:16:54

That's it really. I don't know if I've grown out of it or if they've got new script writers or what - but it is SOOOOOOOOO DULLLLLL at the moment!

poppy34 Wed 14-Jan-09 10:18:07

yep - said this on otehr thread..have stopped bothering to listen religiously and caught up on synopsis as its hard to care about bloody willyem/nic

TsarChasm Wed 14-Jan-09 10:37:18

I seem to be not bothering with it too these days. The Will/Nic thing is going no-where and if Shula and Alistair get any more smug I'll have to listen to it near a bucket.

She's actually quite a horrible character actually isn't she?

Bobbiewickham Wed 14-Jan-09 10:39:08

It's Running Usha I can't be doing with.

I wish she'd run off a cliff and take her mimsy husband with her.

And I wish they would all STOP KISSING. It makes me heave, all the clicky spit sounds <boak>

CatIsSleepy Wed 14-Jan-09 10:40:41

oh I can't bear shula
I don't listen very often at the moment...doesn't seem to make much difference, mind

mrsmaidamess Wed 14-Jan-09 10:41:41

I listen to The Archers once in a blue moon. And I can pick up the storyline straight away. Which makes me think...its either the fantastic acting, or its as slow as treacle.

They are still doing that gambling addiction storyline aren't they? How long's that gone on for?

seeker Wed 14-Jan-09 10:43:50

That's interesting, Tsar - Shula is the nastiest person in the village - but nobody realizes - except Usha.

CatIsSleepy Wed 14-Jan-09 10:45:49

hmm mrsM..think I favour the slow as treacle option, there grin

i quite like that actually...in an uncertain world you know the same old Archers storylines are still slooooowly playing out...whether you're listening or not...

CatIsSleepy Wed 14-Jan-09 10:46:36

shula's a whingeing beatch grin

TsarChasm Wed 14-Jan-09 10:47:24

Gambling & Nic n Will stories have outlived any microbe of interest they had.

The panto AGAIN bored me to tears. The jokey competitive running is naff.

The kissing is awful but not as stomach turning as listening to Jolene and Sid when they used to meet up for hot sessions years ago. Dearie me.

Chris Carter texting Alice zzzzzz. Deevid on some committee or other yawn.

I need to get out more.

pollycazalet Wed 14-Jan-09 10:51:27

lol at 'mimsy husband'

Saint Shula is evil - always has been.

I think the gambling storyline is one of those slow builds. I reckon Ryan will increase his dastardly hold on Alaistair by getting him to bet on soemthing with him, blackmail him and end up burning down the stables around next Christmas.

Also predict that Tiger's business will go bottom up this year.

I think the Jack and Peggy storyline has been brilliant and makes me forgive a lot of panto/committee schlock

CatIsSleepy Wed 14-Jan-09 10:51:45

oh god i think listening to sid and jolene in the shower scarred me

am not sure i can listen to any more panto stuff either
trouble is they're going to have a sodding panto every year as long as linda snell lives and breathes

<gnashes teeth>

chocolatedot Wed 14-Jan-09 10:55:24

I agree it's dire at the mo. I generally can't stand it when they try and do "comedy" and the whole panto thing is hideous. Also can't stand how nicey-nicey Ruth always is.

R4 Wed 14-Jan-09 10:58:23

I agree that it is boring ATM (and the roll-the-music endings are cringeworthy) but being slow and boring is one of TA's strengths. Sometimes, the kids' soaps on TV can't even manage one cliffhanger: they introduce a storyline and play out the denouement all within the same episode.
I think that it's good that TA can keep a storyline going for months (like RL really) but I wish that they would chose some better storylines!!

chocolatedot Wed 14-Jan-09 11:39:20

Agree R4. The real strength is the way story lines play out over many years (Brian and Siobhan's affair being a case in point).

snowleopard Wed 14-Jan-09 11:46:10

Yes I'm dipping in and out atm and sometimes switch off because it's so cringeworthy. I've started to realise I must really be getting old because I cannot be arsed with the Young People storylines - Will & Nic, Christopher and blardy Jazzer. Who cares? I want Linda Snell, Pat, Kathy and Brine & Jennifer (always good value).

I think the Shula and Usha/Alan storyline has legs and the way they have built up the complexity of Shula and her evil (but faux-community-spirited) ways over the years is genius. They just need to let loose with it and focus on it, like they did with Brine and Siobhan, not have comedy moments.

jardy Wed 14-Jan-09 21:13:03

yes it is dull,dull,dull but still listen to it.David needs to have a one night stand or something,anything.

zanz1bar Thu 15-Jan-09 10:17:28

dull,dull,dull but like broccoli just have to keep consuming it.

Plus i need that theme music to shout at the kids to go to bed.
Dum di dum di dum. and its like pavlovs(?) dogs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now