Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

John Sergeant (sp?) on Womens Hour

(11 Posts)
OrmIrian Mon 20-Oct-08 11:04:26

Anyone hear him?

What a lovely man. Particularly loved his attitude to children in restaurants - having been there with his he wasn't going to turn into grouchy old man.

I kept having this odd but very strong feeling that the other 2 female guests were MNers hmm But that is a symptom of MN addiction I suspect.

Elasticwoman Mon 20-Oct-08 20:57:55

I did but missed the bit about restaurants. He is nice, i agree.

MadBadandWieldingAnAxe Mon 20-Oct-08 23:54:29

Yes, he sounded lovely. I'm sure that's why he's survived so long on Strictly Come Dancing, too - everyone can see he's (shall we say) not the most talented dancer, but his determination to learn, and not to take himself too seriously, is very endearing.

FangolinaJolly Mon 20-Oct-08 23:56:08

Oh,I heard it too,he came across very well.Would have loved to have seen his dance with Jane Garvey.Came across as a true gentleman.

OrmIrian Tue 21-Oct-08 12:34:10

Yeah! Someone answered me grin

Not seen strictly, but clearly he appealed to lots of people on there too as the public overturned the snotty judges.

MadBadandWieldingAnAxe Tue 21-Oct-08 14:48:53

We're recent converts to Strictly - my daughter was introduced to it last year by her friend and now treats it as the shopping channel ('I want a dress like that' 'And that one' 'And that one')! It's very entertaining and makes a nice contrast to all the CSI-type programmes that my husband insists on watching later on Saturday night.

MorticiaAnnSpookington Fri 24-Oct-08 21:09:52

yes, I did lovely man,have always really liked him..

DoubleBluff Fri 24-Oct-08 21:10:56

HAs he got children?
I always thought he was gay.

MorticiaAnnSpookington Fri 24-Oct-08 21:12:09

noooo- he has two grown up sons

Katerina75 Fri 24-Oct-08 21:17:35

He and his wife and sons are all lovely - his wife taught me at school and she is friends with DP's mum smile.

Am so pleased he is still in Strictly. Apparently he gets offered loads of reality TV type stuff and this was the only one he wanted to do - his wife was not very keen but finally agreed he could do it this year.

DoubleBluff Sat 25-Oct-08 11:49:25

Well you learn something new everyday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now