Talk

Advanced search

How is there not an Archers thread on this shiny new topic yet?

(401 Posts)
OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 07-Sep-08 21:39:59

I'll just have to start one then. grin

FossilSister Mon 08-Sep-08 20:33:40

Can't believe no-one joined in.

malfoy Mon 08-Sep-08 20:34:39

Here I am! what do we discuss?

Waswondering Mon 08-Sep-08 20:35:07

Haven't heard it for about a fortnight - missed anything earth shattering?

FossilSister Mon 08-Sep-08 20:35:32

What's Will really doing?

FossilSister Mon 08-Sep-08 20:36:50

Did Alan find out it was Susan who said all that stuff to the papers and not Shula?

Blandmum Mon 08-Sep-08 20:39:18

Pat and Tony will try to buy the freehold on their farm then? Will this stop tony being a whinging git?

How dire is the Lady Chatterley-esque Rich Gel meets Fit Farrier line??

malfoy Mon 08-Sep-08 20:40:50

It is particularly dull at the moment.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Sep-08 22:29:51

Me neither Fossilsister.

I haven't listened for a coupla weeks either. I set up my itunes to get it as a podcast but stil haven't got round to doing it.

Maybe Will's got a v long panto run grin

Did you know Jazzer is blind in RL?

MB Chris Carter likes the posh gels though, doesn't he? He was going out with Veneeeeeeeesha before wasn't he? It's so that smallminded Susan gets to get herself in a flap about it.

Can't imagine that Jennifer's going to be thrilled about Alissssss going out wiht him though either

missingtheaction Mon 08-Sep-08 22:33:34

Jennifer can talk given her history - she saw alice and chris snogging today, clearly somewhat shocked at alice snogging beneath her station

i want more lillian and matt and less of this damn adoption thing -s orry matt is NOT on the show to be deeply emotional

LittleBella Mon 08-Sep-08 22:33:47

Oh god Lilian's filthy laugh tonight when Alice was snogging Christopherrrr. It was sublime.

Wordsmith Mon 08-Sep-08 22:34:45

I love the Archers. However, it's supposedly set just ten miles from where i live, and I can tell you no-one talks like that round there.

Blandmum Mon 08-Sep-08 22:35:58

But Jeniffffffffffer was up the duff by Paddy the Pig man, so she should get orf her high horse

fishie Mon 08-Sep-08 22:37:01

hm wordsmith. i bet you'd be wdsmth down south.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 08-Sep-08 22:37:11

actually,there has been an Archers thread only last week..

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 08-Sep-08 22:38:20

here !

seeker Mon 08-Sep-08 22:39:03

Talks like what, Wordsmith? I count at least 7 different regional accents every show - 3 of them Eddie!

It's obvious that somehow Tom is going to cause Tony and Pat to lose the farm some way down the line - 5 wonder how long it will take?

moodlumthehoodlum Mon 08-Sep-08 22:41:12

I'm embarrassed to say that this evening, my dcs said "please can we listen to the archers instead of having a story" at bedtime.

They are 3&4. The youngest fans of the archers on record, surely?

Wisknit Tue 09-Sep-08 09:07:34

I've missed this weeks episodes as ds1 goin to bed earlier (but falling asleep later)
sad
Did the susan comments ever come to light? Or did Shula just get all the blame?

TsarChasm Tue 09-Sep-08 09:13:19

grin Fantastic moodlum! <Imagines the moodlumettes glued like Ovalteenies to the Archers at bedtime grin>

Kewcumber Tue 09-Sep-08 12:02:36

I just can;t keep up with it at the moment and have to keep up via the email updates. Its just not the same. Whats happening with Will?

moodlumthehoodlum Tue 09-Sep-08 13:33:30

LOL Tsarchasm - they are indeed glued. They know that you have to be quiet listening to the archers, and at the beginning and end of the edition, they dance around to the music.

Its hilarious.

Will: has gorn orf to work on a shoot at a mate of Brian's in gloucestershire for six months, to get over the shock of emmur and ed. He's also agreed to be Abbie's godfather on condition that neither emmur nor will attend the christening.

moodlumthehoodlum Tue 09-Sep-08 13:34:12

Sorry, Ed must not attend the christening. Doh.

moodlumthehoodlum Tue 09-Sep-08 13:35:42

Oh, and one more thing. I think that its all going to go wrong with Tom buying the weaners off Neil.

That is a sentence I never thought I would write.

poppy34 Tue 09-Sep-08 13:39:17

erm moodlum dd is 10 weeks and has archers every night as I --walk her about while she wails--put her to bed...but not sure how much she takes in of it..

Loved lillian last night but agree we don't want earnest storylines with her and matt

Forgot how bloody smug and joyless tony and pat are.. almost as bad as voice of misery neil (although being married to susan he is entitled to be).

WHY did nothing ever come of susan saying those thing about usha/alans wedding to the paper?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now