Talk

Advanced search

'The Radio One listeners anonymous' thread (name change optional)

(20 Posts)
Raahh Sat 06-Sep-08 10:06:18

Disclaimer- i only get to listen to the radio in the car. Ds (5) likes the music.

(i do love listening to Chris Moyles, however)

So, come on, don't be shy- you know you do it to (we can be nostalgic for Simon Bates if you like)

grin

Twixabix Sat 06-Sep-08 10:08:50

I love Radio 1. I've always got it on in the house grin

Sometimes I do find myself lol when no-one else is about <goes to find the key for the padded room>

lilymolly Sat 06-Sep-08 10:10:14

The only show on radio 1 I listen to is Chris moyles

I am a Radio 2 fan

I love Jeremey Vine blush

TigerFeet Sat 06-Sep-08 10:16:10

<whispers> I listen to Radio 1 in the mornings when Chris Moyles is on. Not bothering atm whilst he's on holiday.

In mitigation I switch to Radio 4 at 10 for Woman's Hour, then late afternoon I listen to Radio 5.

Does that make it acceptable? I doubt it somehow grin

I do rather heart BBC Radio.

AllieBongo Sat 06-Sep-08 10:16:12

i like radio 1, but am selective who i listen to. the following are always switched off: jo whiley, sara cox, that annoying irish bird who just talks about herself all the time, fearne and reggie, dick and dom,
i only really like chris moyles and scott mills

Geepers Sat 06-Sep-08 10:30:10

Does MN have a snobbery about people who listen to radio 1 then? I never realised my choice of radio station would be frowned upon by some.

I listen to Radio 1, so what? Who gives a shit?

ladytophamhatt Sat 06-Sep-08 11:13:17

Chris moyles is an gobshite with an ego th esize of his ever bigger gut.

God, I hate him.

Its him that made me switch over to R2.

DiscoDizzy Sat 06-Sep-08 11:14:54

I love listening to Radio 1, especially Chris Moyles and Scott Mills.

Cappuccino Sat 06-Sep-08 11:16:18

exactly what lth said

ladytophamhatt Sat 06-Sep-08 11:16:30

I don't think so really geepers, I loved colin and edith with they worked together.

Acctually that was a bit of a nail in teh coffin too. edith was ok on her own but they were great together.

Actually scott miles is a twat aswell.

ladytophamhatt Sat 06-Sep-08 11:19:59

grin capp.

I'm completely mystified as to how he ahs 2 books out about his life....

FFS who wants to know??

knobcheese.

AllieBongo Sat 06-Sep-08 11:21:03

i am half way through the first book. it's all an act....

Cappuccino Sat 06-Sep-08 11:22:00

it is a bit alarming though listening to Terry Wogan

and remembering my mum listening to him when she was driving me to school

sallystrawberry Sat 06-Sep-08 11:30:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TrinityRhino Sat 06-Sep-08 11:32:47

I love chris moyles

not turned it onn wh8ilst he has been on holiday

DisasterArea Sat 06-Sep-08 11:39:16

HURRAH.
i'm not the only one. did feel so embarrased when i admitted it on the original radio freak thread a couple of days ago. everyone else talking radio 4 and me blush

I listen in the car so the crossover between early breakfast and chris moyles. then sometimes jo wylie - like her. usually scott mills at some point but he is a nob and annoys me. also colin in the evening. also like bobby frction and nihaal later on.
obviously spending far too much time in the car at random parts of the day. but only for half hours here and there.

ViolentFemme Sat 06-Sep-08 12:58:12

I didn't think I was such a fan until we left the UK in June. I now find myself listening to Jo Whiley on the BBC iPlayer.

Chris Moyles REALLY divides opinion. Like marmite you either love him or you hate him. I used to love love love him (does anyone remember the "Tescos Tescos" cover version he did of the Ballad of Tom Jones?) but I find that his humour hasn't moved on at all in the last 10 years and is pretty samey. Love Comedy Dave though blush.

Fearne & Reggie and Dick & Dom are AWFUL. They are not DJs. Pish.

Raahh Sat 06-Sep-08 16:55:15

Disaster- you were the reason i started the thread! Geepers, i don't think there is any snobbery tbh, twas very tongue in cheek.The other radio threads were about talky stuff, and my dcs don't allow such boringness intellectual stimulus on the school run! Dh ALWAYS insists on listening to 5 live.

I love Chris Moyles, and comedy dave. I cannot stand Sarah Cox.

I have always listened to radio one since being a kid- sunday mornings were great- (does anyone else remember 'Captain beaky' on Noel Edmonds?)

LittleMissBliss Sat 06-Sep-08 17:01:37

Oh i like radio one! But i listen to it much less now that i don't drive to and from work.

I like Cris, Jo and Scott.

Most of the others i can bare. But i can't stand Sara Cox. Her stupid rambling and child like voice and she's always talking about Lola. I get that parents are proud of their kids but there's a time and place.

maidamess Sat 06-Sep-08 17:04:21

Can't bear Chris Moyles. Lads culture gone mad. Boring and self absorbed.

I prefer Sarah Kennedy twittering on about her cats and dotty aunt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now