Talk

Advanced search

Today...

(9 Posts)
MikeUniformMike Thu 19-Sep-19 10:53:08

...was John Humphrys last day on the Today programme. It won't be the same without him.

MockersthefeMANist Thu 19-Sep-19 17:59:06

....that's what we're all hoping.

MikeUniformMike Thu 19-Sep-19 20:02:54

I loved him on it.

Mrpecksniff Thu 19-Sep-19 20:03:56

I won’t have to shout at the radio so often. Give them a chance to answer the sodding question!

MikeUniformMike Thu 19-Sep-19 20:55:41

smile

TheOliphantintheRoom Thu 19-Sep-19 22:23:16

..that's what we're all hoping

grin

If only he'd taken Nick Robinson with him.

MockersthefeMANist Fri 20-Sep-19 08:15:47

I remember him covering Watergate as Washington correspondent in 73/4. He was a good few years past his best before date.

His recent jibe against media graduates was the last straw for me. I hope the media graduates on the other side of the glass reminded him that without them, he'd just be ranting in a soundproof room.

SurferRona Fri 20-Sep-19 10:51:34

I’ll miss him. Been listening for over 25 years, it won’t be the same without him. His style changed I think as politicians answering did and there’s way too much of ‘answer the question you want, not the question you were asked’ for my liking. Can only imagine how frustrating that was day after day grin. Plus, he’d have had producer also ‘prompting’ too, so interviews not solely him. When he spoke to real people he had a lovely style, did you remember the recent interview with the mum trying to get cannabis oil for her son? Thought his sign off was so touching, and unexpectedly so

MikeUniformMike Sun 06-Oct-19 19:31:56

I remember Brian Redhead, so I am a long term listener. John Humphrys made it for me. I also find too much of the answers being what they want to say, not answering the question.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »