Talk

Advanced search

Dead Ringers - R4.

(14 Posts)
WheresThatCatGoneNow Mon 03-Jun-19 12:05:16

Hooray! Dead Ringers is back this Friday.

I've really missed it.

Motherofchickens1 Sun 23-Jun-19 00:12:54

I love it! They are so good. The best of the Friday night comedy.

PerspicaciaTick Sun 23-Jun-19 00:32:10

10yo DS and I have discovered a shared love of Dead Ringers. We wander about the house making BoJo Fnar Fnar noises, much to the irritation of my DD.
Dead Ringers brings me much joy.

JustAnotherPoster00 Sun 23-Jun-19 01:25:56

Diane Abbot grin

WheresThatCatGoneNow Sun 23-Jun-19 10:21:18

Whenever David Gove is mentioned on the radio, I find myself muttering 'GoveyGoveGoveGove'

And, surely, Andrew Marr's incredulous reaction whenever Diane Abbott turns up must be a nationally recognised catchphrase by now grin

"Andwewww" 😂

Boyskeepswinging Sun 23-Jun-19 10:32:08

Every time Diane Abbott is mentioned on the news etc as a family we all have to say "Diane Abbott?????" in the style of Andrew Neill. Loving it this series, as ever!

WheresThatCatGoneNow Tue 25-Jun-19 15:39:47

Oops! blush

I meant Andrew Neil confused

LassOfFyvie Tue 25-Jun-19 21:14:44

Every time Diane Abbott is mentioned on the news etc as a family we all have to say "Diane Abbott?????" in the style of Andrew Neill

Same in our house.

R4 Tue 25-Jun-19 23:07:04

I find Dead Ringers very funny, the best of the Friday night slot. I'm not keen on The News Quiz or The Now Show because they feel like one lot of Metropolitan Elites having a go at another lot of Metropolitan Elites in a nasty way - vicious, cutting, sneery and supercilious. I often think "if you're so clever then why aren't you trying to run the country?" Answer: because it's easier to carp from the sidelines.
Dead Ringers feels better because, being mimicry, it comes across as the subjects making fun of themselves. The mimicry is spot on and the writing has some excellent imagery (eg Andrew Neill described as "the cake left out in the rain"). I love the clever cross-overs they do where they mash one story or character into another.

cheshirecat777 Sun 07-Jul-19 19:50:10

Just so so funny I had forgotten how brilliant is was the Jeremy Corbyn sketch eas especially hilarious

WheresThatCatGoneNow Sat 13-Jul-19 14:05:44

Just listened to the final episode - excellent as always - but a bit surprised (and disappointed) that they had a pop at Downton Abbey shock

Downton is fabulous, IMO, and I won't hear a word said against it!

So there 😜

nauticant Mon 15-Jul-19 10:59:18

That was one of the best episodes I've heard in ages WheresThatCatGoneNow.

It can be hit or miss but that episode was packed full of hits.

WheresThatCatGoneNow Mon 15-Jul-19 11:47:25

Yes, nauticant, I agree.

The Louis Theroux skit was spot on grin

WheresThatCatGoneNow Wed 07-Aug-19 13:23:18

With everything that is happening politically at the moment, I really wish the Dead Ringers team were currently doing a series!

With so much farcical stuff going on, their material would be endless.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »