Advanced search

Amanda Holden on Heart radio

(10 Posts)
MrsMoastyToasty Fri 31-May-19 14:57:58

No. Just no.

Bring back our regional presenters!
(Stamps feet like a toddler).

Seniorschoolmum Mon 03-Jun-19 09:59:55

I know. I listened to about 3 hours this morning and it’s dire.
I’m sure she’s lovely in person but she’s made her name being pretty and a bit dim/cute But this is radio - so all we are left with is the dim/cuteness.
I’ll give it to the end of the week then I’ll have to find something less cringeworthy
I miss Heart sad

BuzzShitbagBobbly Mon 03-Jun-19 10:11:32

It wasn't great, was it.

She'd be ok (ish) as a one-off stand-in, but it does feel a bit like Heart had a budget, then ran their name down the celeb-dictionary till they found a match, job done.

BuzzShitbagBobbly Mon 03-Jun-19 10:12:21

Also Jamie Theakston is a bit past it as a DJ 'name'.

It's a retrograde step for the station.

MrsMoastyToasty Mon 03-Jun-19 15:48:06

I listened to Heart Bristol primarily for the traffic news. The presenters Ed, Troy and Paulina have a wealth of local knowledge that is now gone.

KittensinaBlender Mon 03-Jun-19 15:55:58

I’m in London so always had ‘the flagship’ presenters and whilst I wasn’t keen on Lucy whats her face who took over from Emma Bunton, I’d have her back on a heartbeat now. AH is to brash and loud for that time of the morning and I’m not sure she can get through a conversation without reference to her tits.

Contemplating a switch, I am.

Seniorschoolmum Tue 04-Jun-19 14:38:34

Nope, two days were too much. Couldn’t stand the self-obsessed brainlessness of it all.

Am trying out Breeze FM. At least they are a bit more local, but open to other suggestions....

yellowallpaper Fri 27-Sep-19 13:51:44

I've switched to pulse

Span1elsRock Fri 27-Sep-19 13:54:28

I feel so sorry for Jamie Theakston. Imagine having that cackling in your ear all morning. At least we can switch over grin

sanityisamyth Fri 27-Sep-19 13:58:16

When Heart ditched Ed, Troy and Paulina from the West Country breakfast programme I boycotted Heart. I'm not interested in listening to Amanda Holden. I've not listened to any of her morning sessions and it looks like I haven't missed much. I'm now listening to Radio 2. I miss the local side of things but don't have to put up with airheads.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »