Talk

Advanced search

Thread 98 - Discuss The Archers here! If you don’t give a ha’porthfor Pip come and add your two penn’orth - we do enjoy a bit of change counting (especially if it’s in old money)

(984 Posts)
Bittermints Tue 22-Jan-19 17:52:43

archers Many thanks to @LilianGish for the title (again - she has real gift for this!). Further thanks due to @PseudoBadger for kicking off this long, long series of Archers threads and to @DadDadDad for being our resident statistician and keeping the ball rolling when Pseudo stepped back a bit.

archers All views on The Archers welcome here! New blood welcomed. We don't all agree on all points and most of us are posting tongue in cheek a lot of the time, so don't worry about revealing that you'd like to be Susan's best friend or other odd unusual views. grin

archers Spoilers: not on this thread, please. We don't wait for the omnibus to discuss the weeknight episodes, but we do try our best to avoid cross-contamination from www.mumsnet.com/Talk/radio_addicts/3439443-keep-it-to-yourself-the-archers-spoilers-thread-4, where spoilers are positively welcomed!

(Change counting references arose specifically out of a nostalgic discussion on the previous thread, if anyone is intrigued.)

ChakiraChakra Tue 22-Jan-19 17:56:09

Oh hai grin thanks for the new thread.

Waves Pro-Pip flag

DadDadDad Tue 22-Jan-19 17:58:31

Thanks, Bitter. I'm a bit distracted by the statnip that LillianG has waved before me at the end of the last thread. I'll be back.

BikingBeatrix Tue 22-Jan-19 18:00:56

Lovely new thread. Thanks to everyone involved.

Bittermints Tue 22-Jan-19 18:08:36

Hello, Chakira! Are you new or a namechanger or is my memory even worse than I thought it was (last highly likely)?

LillianGish Tue 22-Jan-19 18:12:09

Statnip grin grin (I thought it was a typo at first)

MereDintofPandiculation Tue 22-Jan-19 18:16:45

I think we've been a bit more tolerant of thread drift ... didn't we have a nice deviation on old money? Maybe a reflection that TA isn't particularly riveting at the moment. If the SWs can't provide something interesting to talk about, we'll find our own topics.

MikeUniformMike Tue 22-Jan-19 18:17:35

In the Pipexit referendum I'm voting Leave.

QuaterMiss Tue 22-Jan-19 18:33:52

Thanks Bittermints and Lil'G!

I'm already slightly sad about the clear possibility of Ben becoming an actual, (as opposed to Russticated) proper, practising artist. Because then he'll be mostly absent from Ambridge. And he's by far the best of the Brookfield clan.

Comfortablylow Tue 22-Jan-19 18:45:34

Thanks for the shiny, new thread, should see us through the cold midwinter (waves to fellow pps in warmer seasons)

ChampooPapi Tue 22-Jan-19 18:46:18

Thanks for the new thread!

I hope tonight's episode is going to involve no David or Tom, they are worse then pip to my ears

Eastpoint Tue 22-Jan-19 19:05:46

Thank you for the new thread

EBearhug Tue 22-Jan-19 19:07:48

Well, Susan's right - it's not Roy's...

QuaterMiss Tue 22-Jan-19 19:14:28

Right. Made up my mind. Lee is a conman. angry

Poor, lovely, innocent Ed. sad

Waitrosenkavelier Tue 22-Jan-19 19:14:47

Sorry to ask more questions; how did they find out Rich existed? Did they always know about him?

Also nice to hear Emmur being so nice and supportive.

QuaterMiss Tue 22-Jan-19 19:15:19

Not Lee. Obvs.

Meant Tim. Evil Tim ...

Waitrosenkavelier Tue 22-Jan-19 19:19:17

I agree. Tim sounds well dodgy.

InkySplatter Tue 22-Jan-19 19:26:45

<<Waves cheerily>> not caught up yet

MikeUniformMike Tue 22-Jan-19 19:27:09

The wanting a bigger deposit and slimy Tim...

anappleadaykeeps Tue 22-Jan-19 19:28:09

Why do parents phone just as the Archers is starting?

Just going to get today's on the BBCradio app - who is Tim?

Urwotu8t Tue 22-Jan-19 19:31:59

Yes, who is Tim? For a while I thought it was Bumpkin Chris but the accent kept changing and I got confused.

FlosCampi Tue 22-Jan-19 19:36:43

I'm just catching up with yesterday's episode: did anyone else think Helen was awful to Lee on the date? Bossy and mothering him about his outdoor clothing, pretending they weren't on a date when they met Ruth. If I were Lee I would run! I do appreciate the conversation about exes is not going to be an easy one.

InkySplatter Tue 22-Jan-19 20:00:14

Thank you for the new thread bittermints another fab title lil G

Did anyone else finish that episode feeling paranoid. Tim obviously sketchy but the way Helen said she "felt like Lee had always known her," or something to that effect, really set me off.

I thought their date sounded disastrous tbh but they seemed to like it.

cheminotte Tue 22-Jan-19 20:09:56

ChakiraChakra Tue 22-Jan-19 20:43:09

@Bittermints grin

I joined the Archers threads on the last one under this name, but quite late on in the thread I think. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: