Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone listening to Tracks?

(21 Posts)
hauntedsemi Sun 02-Dec-18 09:48:34

Medical-conspiracy-thriller with a heroine who is intelligent and not craving approval, lots of philosophy about 'what is a human' and great sound editing.

Anyone listening with me?

CalmConfident Sun 02-Dec-18 09:50:23

Yes!!! Listened to series 1 and just finished series 3 on the iPlayer app. Cannot find series 2 anywhere

Loved it. What episode are you on? I promise no spoilers smile

hauntedsemi Sun 02-Dec-18 15:47:45

At last, you are the first person I've found who is also listening!
I'm on the penultimate of Series 3 - don't tell me, don't tell me.
Series 2, in my opinion, didn't have the same magic.

CalmConfident Sun 02-Dec-18 17:07:51

Likewise grin hooray!

terryleather Mon 03-Dec-18 00:09:10

I was blown away by the first series of Tracks when it was broadcast a few years ago.

I also enjoyed the second series but I think it suffered a bit because of the absence of Helen - she's a great character so was glad when she was back for series 3 (sorry if that's considered spoiler-y!)

I think radio drama can be very hit or miss and when it's bad it's positively cringeworthy but Tracks is up there with the very best.

BrettAndersonscheekbones Mon 03-Dec-18 00:15:11

Ooh I'm into it too. Thought series 1 was completely gripping, couldn't get into series 2, but 3 is great too. Haven't listened to episode 5 yet as am trying to eke them out. I listen to them is bed at night so v creepy.

BrettAndersonscheekbones Mon 03-Dec-18 00:15:44

*in bed

hauntedsemi Mon 03-Dec-18 08:19:16

Agree - Helen is vital. I think she's cleverly designed - she helps to ground you - there are hellish things going on, then she'll cut in with a self-knowing quip and it makes you feel safe again
even though you will never be safe again

TheTurnOfTheScrew Mon 03-Dec-18 08:23:29

LOVED series one. Haven't heard the others - could I go straight in to series three?

partystress Mon 03-Dec-18 08:27:45

Have just found this series - and only in bits and bobs while driving. Loving it! Is the Hattie M character in the previous series too?

terryleather Mon 03-Dec-18 14:28:09

Helen is in series one but is played by Romola Gari iirc. Hattie M sounds very like her and plays it the same - I find it hard to tell them apart.

I agree haunted, there's a lovely steely calmness to Helen no matter what she's faced with and I love her quips.

I found myself thinking about the first series a lot when I first heard it, it really stuck with me for some reason.

It's fantastic radio drama.

CalmConfident Mon 03-Dec-18 15:18:19

turnoftgescrew I went straight from 1 to 3 and it was fine.

Yes, Helen is a fab lead character.

The audio background to the episodes is great as well, definately noticed more listening "headphones" on.

terryleather Mon 03-Dec-18 16:50:59

I think Tracks may have won an award for its sound Calm - I don't normally listen with headphones but I'm tempted do so for the next episode!

CalmConfident Mon 03-Dec-18 18:31:23

Do it!

terryleather Mon 03-Dec-18 18:58:05

I shall!

CalmConfident Mon 03-Dec-18 22:05:04

smile

User5trillion Mon 03-Dec-18 22:10:31

Didnt realise there was a series 3, off to download it. Thanks! It was a great series

user1483844318 Sat 08-Dec-18 05:48:27

Totally agree with all of you that it's a brilliant story. And the production qualities are superb. But it seems as if I'm the only one who's NOT a fan of Helen. I literally cannot stand her. Weirdly enough, probably for the same reasons that everyone loves her. What everyone sees as strong-willed, determined and forthright, I get rude and obnoxious with heaps of self superiority thrown in for good measure. And her constant habit of barking orders at people instead of asking really got to me.

I imagine all the listeners who like her as a fictional character, probably wouldn't be able to stand her in real life.

CalmConfident Sat 08-Dec-18 08:16:22

Maybe that is why Freddie is her only friend?

littlebillie Wed 12-Dec-18 22:39:59

Dark and improbable I loved it

QuaterMiss Thu 27-Dec-18 17:45:45

Well, I should have listened to myself ... Knew there'd be a ridiculously weak ending. After so much time spent.

fangry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: