Talk

Advanced search

We never thought we’d feel sorry for Will. Although of course it should have been Pip! Discuss The Archers here (Titled edited by MNHQ)

(961 Posts)
PseudoBadger Fri 02-Mar-18 11:47:51

Welcome all! I was really touched by the potential for Ed and Will to reconcile. But wonder if Will can accept Ed’s support.

As ever, no spoilers here (there’s a thread for that) - discussion permitted as soon as the pm episode is broadcast.

DadDadDad Fri 02-Mar-18 11:55:08

Thanks, Pseudo. I hope the small typo in the thread title won't niggle too many people. I'm aware I might be a bit of a prat even mentioning, but unfortunately I know others will notice it. I'm not going to let it bother me...

Now down to business, on thread 87, and about to clock up 84,000 posts.

FrancisCrawford Fri 02-Mar-18 12:01:30

Placemarking as about to attempt to get into work.

Again.

TeenTimesTwo Fri 02-Mar-18 12:06:22

Thanks for new thread.
Ambridge seems to the only place in the country with no snow.

RockNRollNerd Fri 02-Mar-18 12:17:23

Checking in and also a belated welcome back Pseudo!

NotdeadyetBOING Fri 02-Mar-18 12:23:11

Many thanks for new thread. I am a long-time lurker, but avid listener and reader of these excellent and highly amusing threads.

Also hopeful for a spot of sibling reconciliation, but I fear there is going to be a lot of anger and blaming first.

Is it wrong that I'm starting to warm to Pip (or at least care about her baby and Tobes)? Probably no need for anyone to answer that....

LillianGish Fri 02-Mar-18 12:28:35

Ambridge seems to the only place in the country with no snow Very difficult to second guess the weather in Britain - I seem to recall that at the time of the flood Ambridge was the only place experiencing heavy rain.

LillianGish Fri 02-Mar-18 12:29:57

I’m not going to answer your question Boing, but don’t go back to lurking - we need some balance.

PrincessFiorimonde Fri 02-Mar-18 12:34:59

Goodness, a new thread already! Thanks, Pseudo.

Re: the mention at the end of the last thread, I too heard the discussion on sepsis on the 'Today' programme, including John Humphrys describing Nic as a 'major character'. I assume he's not a regular listener!

(Good luck with getting to work, Francis.)

Gruach Fri 02-Mar-18 12:35:00

Warming to Pip would be very wrong BOING - you must find a way to come to terms with this fact ...

On the other hand a future involving just Toby and Pup Fairchild would be very interesting indeed. As our new title suggests!

Thank you to the title creators. flowers

PseudoBadger Fri 02-Mar-18 12:44:35

Oops D3 - I have reported myself (again) blush

FrancisCrawford Fri 02-Mar-18 12:45:03

Hi Boing!

Yes, it would be very very wrong to warm to Pip

Unless you mean warming your hands at a good old wickering on Lakey Hill

FrancisCrawford Fri 02-Mar-18 12:45:54

Ed was so lovely last night

Sniff

BertrandRussell Fri 02-Mar-18 12:50:46

Will is just a repulsive human being. A repulsive human being is a repulsive human being, grieving or not. The way he talked to Joe was unforgivable.

FrancisCrawford Fri 02-Mar-18 12:56:45

I think that was quite realistic, given Will’s character.

Nic brought out the best in him.

Jenijena Fri 02-Mar-18 12:56:55

Had to read the title four times to spot the typo...

FrancisCrawford Fri 02-Mar-18 12:57:26

Gave up trying to get to work - back home in the warm.

StarsBrokenAgain Fri 02-Mar-18 12:59:29

Tobeeee is getting a lot better. Quite like him!

NotdeadyetBOING Fri 02-Mar-18 12:59:44

Total non sequitur - but what's happened to Oliver? Presumably he's in the US with family or Italy sorting things out. Just occurs to me that he might be in a good position to get through to Will.

And when I say warming to Pip - I mean from Beast from the East degree cold low bar. Presumably all this procrastinating about the glider thing is because, despite herself, she is worried about putting the Pup Fairchild foetus at risk...

Why do new think Alice is being so weird about work and pressure? My theory is it's not just the fallout from the Home Farm scandal, but maybe she has been formally disciplined about misconduct (drunk on job or similar) puts crystal ball down-

BertrandRussell Fri 02-Mar-18 13:02:04

Did we get the whole story about Brighton?

DadDadDad Fri 02-Mar-18 13:05:33

* I have reported myself (again)*

Ooh, the irony of you asking MNHQ to edit the thread title. grin

LillianGish Fri 02-Mar-18 13:11:20

I think Will’s reaction is understandable and entirely realistic. He can’t believe Nic is dead and he can’t believe he missed her last moments - no one is to blame, but he is casting around trying to find someone to blame in order to make sense of it. He is going to be terrible on his own - and he’s not used to asking for help he is used to being the fortunate member of the Grundy family. The rug has been pulled from under him and he is going to realise that happiness and good fortune have nothing to do with money and status. Obviously Nic’s deathbed scene was written the way it was to enable her mysterious confession to take place, but often in real life even when you are expecting death you can be at someone’s side for days, nip to the loo and come back to find they have slipped away. I remember when my dad died the vicar telling my mum it was a real privilege that he had slipped away while she was holding his hand - and indeed it was something my mum took enormous comfort from. Will can’t forgive himself for not being there so he’s blaming Joe instead. He will apologise in time I’m sure.

NotdeadyetBOING Fri 02-Mar-18 13:15:13

I rather agree, Lilian. Clearly horrendous behaviour, but Will isn't exactly Mr Emotional Intelligence and I think it will take him a while to go through all the stages of grief and process things. Funnily enough I think Joe is old and wise enough to be able to see the big picture and not take the comments to heart.

NotdeadyetBOING Fri 02-Mar-18 13:18:06

Agree Bertrand - feel sure there is more Brighton dirt to be dug up. I think we only heard the half of it. Presumably it'll all emerge just when baby appears and Pip & Tobes are in danger of giving things another go....

DadDadDad Fri 02-Mar-18 13:18:07

I wondered if the SWs even bothered to google "hang gliding while pregnant" - most of the links point out the risks and generally advise against it. Has Pip or anyone suggested that maybe it's not such a good idea? And I would have thought it's quite likely that the hang gliding organiser will say that their insurer won't cover it anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: