Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone else just hear the final item in the PM programme?!

(4 Posts)
fusushumi Thu 01-Mar-18 18:52:21

Just before 6pm - Eddie Mair introduced it saying "Some stories just tell themselves:"

Man with a Welsh accent, very calm & quite relaxed, on a 999 call saying "My fiancée is having terrible pains, like she's giving birth, but she's not pregnant...." (sounds of woman grunting/shouting in background throughout)

The NHS call-handler asks for more information and he says "there's a lump where a baby would come out" but repeats that she's not pregnant.... then he suddenly says, with only mild surprise, "oh it IS a baby"

shock

Is anyone really that clueless??

OP’s posts: |
loubielou31 Thu 01-Mar-18 21:32:02

I am going to have to go and listen to that on I player now.😁😁

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Fri 09-Mar-18 15:03:40

I heard that. It was shock grin. I've seen several threads here on this subject over the years. Quite a number of people here claim to know women to whom this has happened, and amazingly it wasn't always the first pregnancy. Can't get my head round it at all.

BikingBeatrix Fri 09-Mar-18 15:35:06

I‘d wanted to listen again properly. Thanks to this thread having the date of the broadcast l’ve now managed that! It is a very small baby. Didn’t EM give the weight as 4 lbs? I have heard of it happening, genuinely - including my SIL‘s sister and a woman when l was a student nurse.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in