Talk

Advanced search

Can we talk about S-Town? There will be spoilers!

(3 Posts)
ChoccyJules Wed 07-Feb-18 22:39:57

Have just spent a few hours over two days listening to this podcast. My thoughts contain spoilers.

Did anyone else find it hard to believe it was real? I listened to the first two episodes, obviously with the surprise event of the second, then stopped to read a few online reviews. I was more shocked to find it was true than to hear what happened, I had been thinking what a good actor John was, great characterisation etc. It then hit me harder what had happened to him.

But it still seemed like maybe they were bluffing and it really was just a radio drama, like life sounded fictional. I've now read around it more, ie Tyler's court case, seen photos of the maze etc. Maybe it's something to do with the style of the piece, I don't know. I felt a bit guilty for not being too concerned about John as I thought it was a story.

What did others make of it?

echt Thu 08-Feb-18 08:13:16

It's about the style. Because it was constructed after the event, there is inevitable positioning, hindsight, use of music, organisation of info in each episode, etc. It feels fictional.

redexpat Sun 15-Apr-18 08:40:51

I found it compelling. Nothing really made sense, but I wanted to understand sp kept listening. Exquisite storytelling.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: