Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Archers actors doing non-archer things?...

(35 Posts)
SurferRona Tue 29-Aug-17 21:21:13

So, DP and I were in our local Odeon the other day, and I reckon the voiceover bloke telling us to turn off phones, sit back and enjoy the film was only Roy Bloody Tucker! I think. I'm fairly sure....Any MNetters heard him too? I heard spotted Joe Grundy being in Wallis and Gromit's The Wererabbit (basically played a plasticine Joe Grundy, so a BIG clue there). Any other Archer actors spotted acting elsewhere?

Iwantacampervan Mon 04-Sep-17 12:09:51

Many of the actors play other roles - very interesting when you see them on TV, generally I recognise the voice. David, Kirsty, Oliver and new Tony are often around. I'm listening to the Radio 4 extra serialisation of 'South Riding' which is on now but first broadcast 1999 - Carole Boyd (Lynda Snell) plays Mrs Beddows and I've just heard a definite sniff!

JessieMcJessie Sat 16-Sep-17 16:54:30

Helen (Louiza Patikas) is in Coronation St at the moment.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 16-Sep-17 17:01:08

Susan Carter is a research psychologist

elspethmcgillicuddy Sat 16-Sep-17 17:02:29

Tamsin Grieg, Lucy Davies...,

MichelGarnier Sat 16-Sep-17 17:14:14

Anisha was in Ackley Bridge on C4 recently.

allegretto Sat 16-Sep-17 17:19:14

I teach EFL and the listening exercises are often voiced by Archers' actors, especially Elizabeth and Brian.

allegretto Sat 16-Sep-17 17:19:35

(Listening exercises in the course books!)

LassWiTheDelicateAir Fri 22-Sep-17 00:23:01

Ian was in The Old Vic Glenda Jackson production of King Lear last year. The part was unnamed but a speaking part. The minute he opened his mouth I thought "Ian !"

Lancelottie Fri 22-Sep-17 17:48:20

Could swear I heard Rob Titchner in Midsomer Murders the other day.

PerspicaciaTick Fri 22-Sep-17 18:42:46

David Archer was in Fantastic Beasts.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Tue 26-Sep-17 07:26:15

Anisha was in Line of Duty earlier this year. The new Chris was in Game of Thrones (Rhaegar in flashback).

IamEarthymama Tue 26-Sep-17 07:40:12

David reads the Audible productions of Tad Williams' Memory, Thorn and Sorrow fantasy novels.
Excellent narration too but I found it very unnerving at first.

And Our Emmur the First is now a Hollywood star
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-hottest-star-in-hollywood-ndash-who-owes-it-all-to-ambridge-2199000.html?amp

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Tue 26-Sep-17 07:44:00

Roy Tucker owns a nice pub irl.

I have been in, and made DH sit in silence, for a while, so I could listen out for him grin. He wasn't there.

YesVeryGoodVeryStrong Tue 26-Sep-17 09:06:32

grin Woods.

Is it called something Archers related?

GrockleBocs Tue 26-Sep-17 09:09:57

David was in The Thick of it which was disconcerting.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Tue 26-Sep-17 15:21:14

Dr Locke left Ambridge and went to Silent Witness (before coming back again last year).

Not quite the same, but Eleanor Bron (Carol), Simon Williams (Justin) and David Troughton (new Tony) were all very well known before arriving in TA.

Ruth (Felicity Finch) often presents R4 documentary programmes in her normal voice, which is far more attractive than Ruth's shrill tones.

Souad Faress (Usha) has also done lots of acting in other things, including Game of Thrones (she was a Dothraki matriarch, I think).

Andrew Wincott (Adam) is in Clare in the Community as Clare's husband's teacher friend (Simon?). Completely unrecognisable!

JeremyCorbynsBeard Fri 20-Oct-17 22:32:26

Old Pip was in Raised by Wolves and also in Upstart Crow. Rob Titchner is a voice in the PC game Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

That's all I know.

wheresmyphone Fri 20-Oct-17 22:37:04

Gasp

so shocked I missed its Adam in Claire in community......always knew he was familiar.....couldn't place him

RolfNotRudolf Fri 20-Oct-17 22:41:13

Anisha was also in that other drama this year the name of which escapes me but Appleyard Row or something like that?

ErrolTheDragon Fri 20-Oct-17 22:48:06

Timothy Bentinck used to do the Picadilly line 'mind the gap'. He's also an Earl.

Iwantacampervan Sat 21-Oct-17 17:48:55

'Ruth' and 'Emma' on 'Pointless Celebrities' now!

LoisSangersVoice Sat 21-Oct-17 17:52:03

Robert Snell is a real live GP: www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/mar/31/surrey-gp-reveals-archers-character-robert-snell-graham-blockey

(Photo of actor in link, for those who don't like that kind of thing).

chickenowner Mon 23-Oct-17 09:44:46

David Archer was an MP in The Thick of It.

chickenowner Mon 23-Oct-17 09:45:26

...I obviously mean Timothy Bendinck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now