Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Forgotten Archers storylines of yesteryear

(21 Posts)
OfficerVanHalen Mon 21-Aug-17 10:51:15

A post on the current TA thread reminded me that Emma was seriously injured in a car crash years ago and was expected to have longterm problems, which, as with most TA longterm health problems, have rapidly cleared up never to be mentioned again. Didn't jazzer also get epilepsy and brain damage off a dodgy e or something and this too has cleared right up.

So, i was wondering, what other plot threads can people recall that have been left to dangle? And can you spot things as they arise in the programme that are the burning issues of the day but destined to be he forgotten plotlines of tomorrow? (Eg i think this time next year everyone will be back to giving the same amount of fucks about the Happy Friends Cafe as they did a few weeks ago, ie zero)

R4 Mon 21-Aug-17 17:51:11

What ever happened to the local barter currency. A Tea, I think it was called. Has someone been left with all the worthless IOU notes - I can see someone like Bert collecting loads of thank-you's but when he tries to cash them in he finds that the scheme has collapsed.

OfficerVanHalen Mon 21-Aug-17 17:58:52

Oh i'd forgotten that one!

Just remembered that time when the village was terrorised by an internet troll called foursquare who was eventually unmasked as kenton. Random.

maras2 Mon 21-Aug-17 18:15:38

Who can forget Neil's almost affair with some scrubber called Mo.
This was when he went freelance,selling animal feed.
What about Roy the racist,harassing the only Asian (lawyer) in the village?
Not to mention Ruth,in the cowshed with Sam the cowman.blush
I could go on grin

OfficerVanHalen Mon 21-Aug-17 20:35:58

I think roy's racist chickens are gonna come home to roost soon. How is lexi going to feel when they start their inevitable romance to find out that he was roy of the racists before he was roy of the rotas? And who'll let it slip?

OfficerVanHalen Mon 21-Aug-17 20:40:32

As for who can forget Neil's almost affair - ME! I have no memory of that. When was it? Ahhhh Neil, i was thinking the other day how he's almost too good to be true. It's almost a relief tbh.

Speaking of almost affairs, I have a dim memory of daveeeed acting like a bit of a twat and having a hugely obvious crush on someone years ago and being a bit of a twat to ruth. Was it his ex or something who moved back and ruth was feeling all out of sorts and unattractive becaise she'd had breast cancer and he was being all fawning over this glam woman?

AuldHeathen Mon 21-Aug-17 23:50:56

I should have investigated this thread before posting on the main thread as l mentioned Emma's leg over there.

Neil's 'almost affair' was white Soosan was in jail. I always felt he wa quite far from succumbing to MO's advances. It was not long after Sid and Jolene got together and l recall Sid and Neil talking in the Bull. Neil was advocating fidelity and Sid was saying more or less the opposite. I can't recall the exact words.

AuldHeathen Mon 21-Aug-17 23:56:31

Daveed's ex did make a play for him. I think he and Sophie had been engaged years ago before Ruth appeared. There was lots of frustrated fumblng in his car and they never did 'go the whole way'. The return of Sophie was a bit weird as it sounded like she'd only come back to Ambridge to seduce David. There was some business pretext but it did seem contrived IMO.

SealSong Tue 22-Aug-17 00:01:13

Kate's children in South Africa, Nolly and Sipho. Never mentioned these days.

MumBod Tue 22-Aug-17 00:06:00

I remember Sam and Ruth in the cowshed. One time there were kissing noises and then Ruth said, "It's sooo hard."

I think she meant the situation.

Pilcrow Tue 22-Aug-17 00:07:40

I have vivid memories of Caroline (RIP) and Brine gambolling in hedgerows during the hot & heavy phase of their dalliance. A looong time ago now, though.

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Tue 22-Aug-17 00:17:38

Kathy Perks, best friend of Pat Archer, spending so much time at Bridge Farm that Tony got fed up with it...completely absent through all the woes of the last 18 months....

maras2 Tue 22-Aug-17 07:13:54

OMFG.
Sid and Jolene in the shower. blush
Brain bleach please.

Agoddessonamountaintop Tue 22-Aug-17 07:21:05

Brian being a major Lothario. When I first started listening Betty had just quit from or been sacked as his cleaner as he'd been pestering her. She went to work for Linda who'd just arrived, and was pleasantly surprised at how professional Linda's attitude was in contrast to Brian and Jennifer's.

JigglyTuff Tue 22-Aug-17 07:24:51

It's the forgotten children I feel for. Not just Nolli and Sipho but Abby. Devoted dad Roy seems to have forgotten her.

Ceto Tue 22-Aug-17 16:23:03

George's sudden wealth around the time money disappeared elsewhere. We never did resolve that one.

AuldHeathen Tue 22-Aug-17 19:25:04

maras2, l deliberated over whether to mention ablutions in the same post as Sid and Jolene. I decided these words together would be too much for some of our number. smile

maras2 Wed 23-Aug-17 13:41:01

auldheathen grin

OfficerVanHalen Wed 23-Aug-17 23:24:04

Oh yes, sid and jolene

I went blind

OfficerVanHalen Wed 23-Aug-17 23:25:10

SOPHIE was the ex, thank you!

viques Tue 19-Sep-17 16:02:57

The E. coli story, where a small child (fortunately not an Archer) nearly died, luckily the memories of the local population are so poor they are still happy to buy yoghurt,ice cream , cheese and meat products from the bridge farm purveyors of death.

When Helen ran over Mike tucker, I think she was drunk.

When pat archer was a feminist not a doormat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now