Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone's Digital Radio actually work??

(11 Posts)
lemonzest123 Thu 06-Apr-17 07:50:16

Is it just me? Every morning i wake up and turn on my radio to wake me up, but every morning it needs about five minutes of moving it around to stop the whooshing sounds, even though it's in the same place as yesterday!

Then same when i get into work - at least five minutes of careful fiddling with the aerial of the work radio to make it work.

I remember when my mum was in hospital before she died endlessly fiddling with the aerial every day to try and get some radio for her....I think it's meant i find the swooshing sound really distressing now.

Any ideas how to make it work better?

cece Thu 06-Apr-17 07:53:35

I have 2 digital radios and neither of them do that.

DermotOLogical Thu 06-Apr-17 07:55:11

Mines never done this.

lljkk Thu 06-Apr-17 08:32:43

ours don't do that either, sorry

OhDearToby Thu 06-Apr-17 08:35:05

We have two and that's never happened. Are they both the same brand/model of radio?

treaclesoda Thu 06-Apr-17 08:35:24

In the house mine works well but I can only get very limited channels.

The DAB radio in the car is fantastic though. Seems like an endless supply of channels and only very rarely is there an issue with reception.

SnugglySnerd Thu 06-Apr-17 08:37:02

I agree the one in the car works much better than the one in the house which can't pick up a number of channels including any of our local stations.

PunjanaTea Thu 06-Apr-17 08:41:30

Mine doesn't do this. I have two and they both work fine.

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Thu 06-Apr-17 09:06:33

Mine is crap. Picks up stations without any of this swooshing. Unfortunately doesn't pick up all stations, and WTF use is a radio that doesn't pick up R4?! Or local radio?! angry

yikesanotherbooboo Sun 09-Apr-17 19:06:20

Mine works v well in its place in the kitchen so I leave it there.. it is choosy elsewhere

FadedRed Sun 09-Apr-17 19:10:00

Some LED lights affect digital radio reception, as I found out when DH changed the ceiling lights in the kitchen and the radio in the bedroom above it stopped working properly (whooshing noises and very poor reception). It works perfectly when the lights are off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now