Talk

Advanced search

Lies and subterfuge in Ambridge - from a policeman? That's just not cricket! Discuss The Archers here.

(973 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sat 11-Mar-17 11:03:54

Thank you R4 for the title.

ErrolTheDragon Sat 11-Mar-17 11:21:31

And thank you, as ever, for the new threadsmile

redshoeblueshoe Sat 11-Mar-17 11:34:53

Excellent title R4, thanks for the thread Psuedo archers
How dare Justin infer his flings were superior to Mirandas. I would have liked to hear the conversation between Miranda and Justin, as I wouldn't believe a word he says.

R4 Sat 11-Mar-17 11:35:19

flowers Pseudo

picklemepopcorn Sat 11-Mar-17 12:19:55

I'm a couple of days behind... Better go and catch up!

BoreOfWhabylon Sat 11-Mar-17 12:27:45

Thank you Pseudo flowers

Someone was asking Lillian's age on the last thread - she'll be 70 on July 8th. JennyDarling is two years older.

ppeatfruit Sat 11-Mar-17 12:56:36

Hooray I'm on the first page of the new thread!!!!! Thank you Psuedo.

Vango In reply, Lil held a candle for Paul for ages and hates being on her own. Ideal for a 3rd? marriage IMO. She must have a smokers cough, an alkie's liver. How does she manage it?

AuldHeathen Sat 11-Mar-17 13:10:22

Lovely thread and title. Thanks to R4 and sued over. A man I on first page? A first for me.

I really dislike Justin. There, got that off my chest. I don't believe he'll remain faithful to Lilian.

Peat, it's amazing how some people get away with abusing their bodies for decades, and others don't.

AuldHeathen Sat 11-Mar-17 13:12:43

Aargh, check fail. Pseudo not 'sued over'. hmm

TheAntiBoop Sat 11-Mar-17 13:14:02

Maybe she will tie her whole life up with him and Miranda drags the divorce out. Cue a deaded Justin before divorce is finalised and almighty mess

TheAntiBoop Sat 11-Mar-17 13:14:52

Maybe she will tie her whole life up with him and Miranda drags the divorce out. Cue a deaded Justin before divorce is finalised and almighty mess

GypsyFl0ss Sat 11-Mar-17 13:56:32

Thank you for the new thread Pseudo and great title R4!

GrumpyOldBag Sat 11-Mar-17 14:36:29

nearly 70 sounds like about time to settle down.

Whatever the morality of the affair, it's good that they are able to portray a woman of that age still having a successful, happy and active sex life. You don't see that much on TV or film.

birdsdestiny Sat 11-Mar-17 15:38:11

I think she does love him, I think all this ' just a good time' was the approach she took because that's what she thought he wanted to hear. She was playing it cool.

Gallavich Sat 11-Mar-17 15:50:11

Why wouldn't Justin want to be rid of the horrible Miranda and shack up with Lillian who is not only fun and sexy, but also a great support to his business?
They have behaved really badly but I don't rule out a happy ending.

Vango Sat 11-Mar-17 17:14:11

ppeat I'm not saying that Lillian isn't the settling down type (she'd definitely have married Matt), just that I don't think Justin's the right man for her. She's in it for the fun and distraction - as you say, she hates being alone - but, by his own admission, Justin can't be relied on to love her alone and she won't be able to cope with that. Paul was another one I never found very convincing!

Vango Sat 11-Mar-17 17:14:51

Ps. Thanks for the new thread!

Minimammoth Sat 11-Mar-17 18:17:17

Yes I just did not get Paul either. But I am a sucker for a happy ending.
Pseudo is the queen of threads.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Sat 11-Mar-17 18:18:38

Thanks for the new thread, Pseudo!

DoctorTwo Sat 11-Mar-17 21:01:12

Thanks for the shiny new thread pseudo

I hope Lil runs like fuck.

PseudoBadger Sun 12-Mar-17 08:08:04

Of course Paul and Lillian are the whole reason behind these threads. FFS Lillian!

Eastpoint Sun 12-Mar-17 08:52:00

Thank you for the new thread @Pseudo

SenoritaViva Sun 12-Mar-17 08:56:56

Paul was an oddity for me too. As someone who has parents who fit the Justin profile, I just don't think he is terribly well written. He is neither intelligent nor smart/posh enough and nor was Jennifer's party, which was ridiculous.

ppeatfruit Sun 12-Mar-17 09:54:53

Senorita There are many people who have started out as MC or even WC and climbed the social ladder, through financial affairs. I have met many.

GrumpyOldBag Sun 12-Mar-17 10:02:52

who's Paul?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now