Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dermot oleary

(18 Posts)
Susiesoap7 Sat 07-Jan-17 16:23:06

Can anyone say they like his radio show on Saturday afternoon? I love dermot but this show is awful!

Meandyouandyouandme Sat 07-Jan-17 16:25:06

No can't stand it, I'm currently listening to Graham Norton from this morning as I was out. My alternative would be 6Music, and I like Dermot as well, but I find him really boring on the radio.

Susiesoap7 Sat 07-Jan-17 16:28:17

I find his choice of music bizarre! And he is a bit creepy with his guests 😞

Meandyouandyouandme Sat 07-Jan-17 16:34:15

Yes it's weird, he seems uncomfortable with his guests, and awkward, but as he does live TV well, you would think radio would be a doddle. Can't bear the some mothers do indie slot.

Susiesoap7 Sat 07-Jan-17 16:53:05

I get bored on sat.afternoons and often put radio on, just find it strange that as you say he does live tv very well but radio dreadful ☹️ Just end up switching off.

Meandyouandyouandme Sat 07-Jan-17 19:50:45

Looks like we're the only ones confused

PuppyMonkey Sat 07-Jan-17 19:55:08

Oh I agree too. I like Dermot, I like a lot of the music he plays, but there's just something about the show that makes me have to switch off. It's so dull for a Saturday afternoon when you want something uplifting.

They should just keep Pick of the Pops going all day imho. grin

EsmesBees Sat 07-Jan-17 19:59:41

It is a terrible show. The interviews are so dull. Love Graham Norton in the morning though.

Susiesoap7 Sat 07-Jan-17 21:02:41

Yes I vote for pick of the pops too poppy, I can sing all day then lol

MrsArthurShappey Mon 09-Jan-17 11:12:06

I love Dermot, and love the music he plays, but there is something missing from the show isn't there? He's very quietly spoken and has a slight lisp which means I hardly catch what he's saying. And I think one of the problems with the interviews is that (I'm sure I remember this being the case), the bands are not there with him, so there's no chemistry. Does that make sense?

RockNRollNerd Mon 09-Jan-17 13:52:28

I don't like it either, there's something about it that stirs up the same feelings in me as Bullseye used to on a Sunday teatime - it just crushes the life out of me which should be pretty bloody difficult to do on a Saturday afternoon!

DameXanaduBramble Mon 09-Jan-17 13:56:33

Dermot o'dreary, what a boring show. I only listen if I'm in the car and can't get 6 music but it's so not a sat afternoon show, more a 10pm slotter.

Meandyouandyouandme Tue 10-Jan-17 21:02:27

"Dermot O'Dreary" grin

tygr Sat 21-Jan-17 17:54:38

Meant to reply to this at the time. It's his last Sat pm show just finishing now. Apparently he's eating a new slot somewhere else...

tygr Sat 21-Jan-17 17:54:59

*getting not eating.

Lifeisdinky Sat 21-Jan-17 17:58:31

Last Saturday show arghhhh first. I've heard of it.
I love(d) the show , mix of new and old music, indie disco, - all fit together imho wonderfully

RockNRollNerd Sat 11-Feb-17 16:18:21

Just caught some of Jo Wiley doing this slot as I sorted the bombsite of a kitchen. Clearly R2 have got a format and a tone for this slot as I normally quite like Jo but this was just as dreary. Summed up by the bit I caught of an acoustic version of 'Road to Nowhere' - something that could be quite rousing and jolly made utterly bleurgh, I think the expression someone used when describing John Lewis cover versions was 'simperising' which about summed it up.

jinglebitch Sun 19-Feb-17 07:34:34

You're all wrong. It's perfect Saturday afternoon radio; totally chilled out, the music is the most varied and interesting heard on R2 all week,(in the day time) the live music is always original and gives a platform to new artists, and Dernot always sounds like he's really enjoying himself and loving being away from the vapid nonsense of saturday night crap telly. One of r2s best offerings. So there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now