Roll up roll up! It's nearly Apple Day in Ambridge. Grab a slice of Borset apple cake and see who's got the longest peel in The Archers.

(968 Posts)
PseudoBadger Fri 21-Oct-16 15:02:33

I'm so happy with the return to the little things. Enjoy the new thread!

EsmesBees Fri 21-Oct-16 15:06:59

Great title! Thanks for the new the new thread.

ErrolTheDragon Fri 21-Oct-16 15:14:32

I did like the bit about Dorset/Borset apple cake. Hopefully the latter isn't made with Borsetshire Beauties.

ZuleikaDobson Fri 21-Oct-16 15:27:09

From the previous thread -

Would Helen be entitled to Legal Aid?

She's a shareholder in BF, which is a considerable asset.

I think P & T said something about her getting her legal aid contributions back, so presumably she did get legal aid for the criminal trial.

DadDadDad Fri 21-Oct-16 15:59:05

Gosh, Pseudo, did someone actually PM you about the last thread filling up? I bet they also did they an advanced search of all your posts in the last month across MN to see if you were still around... shock

blush

Thanks for the new thread. Number 69!

FrancisCrawford Fri 21-Oct-16 16:09:15

Beautiful, beautiful pony, Bertrand.

FrancisCrawford Fri 21-Oct-16 16:17:17

So the Ambridge benefit fairy popped up for Helen's legal aid - thanks, Zuleika.

The website doesn't make it so clear cut for criminal cases though

You’ll automatically get legal aid for legal representation in court if you’re under 16 (or under 18 and in full-time education) or on certain benefits.
But
You might be able to get legal aid if you have evidence that you or your children have been victims of domestic abuse or violence and you can’t afford to pay legal costs.

The question is though, can Helen "afford to pay" and what criteria is used to determine this, e.g. Value of share holding. I know I was above the threshold for LA when I was getting divorced.

Pity the benefit fairy wasn't around for Ed and Emma when they could barely afford to feed the kids, far less themselves.

enochroot Fri 21-Oct-16 16:24:24

I'm intrigued that Rob is getting away with using joint assets (Peggy's money) to pay for the legal costs of taking Helen's child away from her family while her family has to foot the bill for the cost of trying to prevent him.

GypsyFl0ss Fri 21-Oct-16 16:28:53

Great title, thanks Pseudo

Minimammoth Fri 21-Oct-16 16:29:37

Also enjoying relative normality in TA. All the pony stuff went right over my head I'm afraid, no horseyness in the family.
I do hope Lil, makes Justin see sense re Rob. I would like the money issues to be addressed too.

Eastpoint Fri 21-Oct-16 16:31:46

Thank you for the new thread Pseudo. I really like the way the tone of TA has changed.

TheAntiBoop Fri 21-Oct-16 16:44:11

Thanks for new thread

Ta has definitely taken a turn for the better. Only pip is really irritating me but that's nothing new!!

I don't like the way alive has been reintroduced and the ed thing. What's going on there? Did Emma mention Chris to ed when she said she thought Alice was using him?

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Fri 21-Oct-16 16:51:19

Placemarking. Thanks for the new thread, Pseudo!

ppeatfruit Fri 21-Oct-16 16:53:04

Thank you Psuedo Good work!

Sorry to continue off the rails but that Arab pony is delightful and a good competitor Bertrand thanks for the pix, I had always loved arabs they are so elegant. Your DD looks nice too grin.

SingingAvocado Fri 21-Oct-16 16:55:29

Thank you! Place marking...

Stickerrocks Fri 21-Oct-16 17:03:54

Was there a mention earlier in the week of someone manning the Longest Apple Peel stall? Joe is definitely the person that I would least like to be partnered with in a pass the apple relay, due to his strong whiff of ferret.

ZuleikaDobson Fri 21-Oct-16 17:17:46

Maybe Helen could claim back at least some of the money Rob spent? Though maybe the legal costs involved would be disproportionate to the amount involved. It would be fun if she got an attachment of earnings order (if that still exists) when he starts working for Justin.

Gruach Fri 21-Oct-16 17:35:21

Wonderful title! Well done Pseudo. flowers

I'm generally happy with the way things are going - but Emma's jealousy, in fact that whole situation, seems a bit forced. Surely they would have been interacting all the time anyway? FAAAAAM'LY aren't they?

DoctorTwo Fri 21-Oct-16 18:06:16

My listening to last nights ep makes me think Emmur fears Ed will have an affair with Alice, and Ed is oblivious to that.

Thanks for the shiny new thead Pseudo

BoreOfWhabylon Fri 21-Oct-16 18:13:33

Excellent title Pseudo

Am also enjoying the general Archeriness, although not Peep and the Bearfrotters.

All we need now is for this:

(sfx ringing phone)
Lilian: Hello?
Caller: ’Ello Pusscat...

dumdedumdedumdedum...

GypsyFl0ss Fri 21-Oct-16 18:18:41

(sfx ringing phone)
’Ello Pusscat...

Oh yes please! That would make my month.

PseudoBadger Fri 21-Oct-16 18:30:27

Sounds like perhaps the SWs have forgotten that Alice is Emma's SIL?!

Alleycat1 Fri 21-Oct-16 18:30:51

Mine too, Gypsy.

Fink Fri 21-Oct-16 19:00:18

Thanks Pseudo for the new thread. Counting down the time till TA starts. If only I didn't have to get dc to bed first it would start a whole lot sooner. 6 years old is old enough to start putting yourself to bed, right? grin

Mootsie Fri 21-Oct-16 19:21:14

I'm relieved Helen is not going to press charges against Rob. Now we can ALL move on.

She'll just have to make shedloads of cheese to help pay the legal bills.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now