Talk

Advanced search

He's not a pheasant poacher, he's a pheasant poacher's grandson. Join us for trials, tribulations and tipsy tractor trips in Ambridge.

(992 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sat 27-Aug-16 20:00:46

Will this thread see the end of The Trial? And SOC?

BoreOfWhabylon Sat 27-Aug-16 20:04:13

Excellent title. Again grin

redshoeblueshoe Sat 27-Aug-16 20:09:22

Thanks for the new thread Psuedo archers
Getting back to fruitstick's point - for some reason I thought Kaz had hung herself.

EsmesBees Sat 27-Aug-16 20:13:49

Let's hope so Psuedo. Thanks for the new thread.

SaraTheFairy Sat 27-Aug-16 20:17:33

Thank you Pseudo. I have resolved one of the cast aside by script writers with amnesia-- storylines. Found a website called Sell My Wedding - on there you can't move for sales of cunting bunting.

ColdTeaAgain Sat 27-Aug-16 20:18:01

Thanks Pseudo

And thanks for Nigel explanation on previous thread smile finding it hard to imagine Elizabeth being with someone dim but guess you had to be there! grin

TheAntiBoop Sat 27-Aug-16 20:41:02

Will we have a big party once soc has finally had his tentacles fully disentangled?

fruitstick Sat 27-Aug-16 20:45:27

Nigel was lovely and gentle. Dim rather than stupid.

I still think it odd Kaz tried to off herself before curfew - although hanging probably would make more sense

DoctorTwo Sat 27-Aug-16 21:27:07

Thank fuck SOC is off to KnobEnders, he's ruiining TA. We need respite from an everyday story of stabby and suicidal wimmin. I think Kaz was poorly written in last night's ep. (Sorry Keri, normally a fan of yours, but that was rubbish).

PresidentOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 27-Aug-16 22:50:37

Still on catch up the podcasts for this week are playing silly buggers
I will have questions for the previous three weeks

Greengager Sat 27-Aug-16 22:54:10

I've been really put off the archers by the use of Kaz as a plot device like that. As others have said felt uncomfortable with working class cannon fodder aspect. Surely there were subtler and more interesting ways of making Helen talk. Can't work out which will be more annoying. That she goes even more to pieces or that this would make her determined to fight.

enochroot Sat 27-Aug-16 22:54:51

Brilliant title.

CuttedUpPear Sat 27-Aug-16 22:55:25

Blimey! I hit the wrong bit of my screen there and almost reported Olivia's post.
<wipes sweat from brow>

Anyway. ..I'm not listening any more, you can't make me...so I'm just going to lurk around here hoping for plot synopses.

SenoritaViva Sat 27-Aug-16 22:59:07

Fabulous title. I am irritated by the trial storyline. I felt for years they had arranged a well written storyline of a controlling man to only shoot the balloon down in one hefty, eastenders style swipe.

Can't bare the fairbrothers either.

ErrolTheDragon Sat 27-Aug-16 23:13:15

Hello all, I've been missing these threads as can't bear to listen to the podcast at bedtime any more so always behind, but just caught up while doing a massive post-hols ironing session so I'm up to date for once.

Great thread title but cant believe Eddie would be such an idiot - willum was bound to put two and two together and Clarrie was bound to be furious.

Gruach Sat 27-Aug-16 23:37:03

Fabulous Pseudo!star

Here's a solicitor's firm's review of Helen's character evidence. It's on the BBC TA blog. Scroll down. Definitely worth reading both parts.

Eastpoint Sat 27-Aug-16 23:43:24

Great title, thank you Pseudo.

JudyCoolibar Sun 28-Aug-16 00:45:05

On the character evidence issue, did Helen tell Rob about her previous accident when she knocked over Mike Tucke?

Gruach Sun 28-Aug-16 01:02:49

I wondered the same. It might well have been part of the "we have no secrets" stage of their relationship.

But I have a horrid feeling that Pat may have blurted it out in front of Rob when they went to rescue Helen from her later road mishap.

fruitstick Sun 28-Aug-16 01:16:48

I think she did. I'm pretty sure I remember shouting at the radio.

BertrandRussell Sun 28-Aug-16 06:57:24

I know I keep banging on about this- but I despise the way working class characters are treated by the scriptwriters. It's just shocking.

BroomhildaVonShaft Sun 28-Aug-16 07:12:19

Haven't listened to Friday's yet but I truly hope that the helrob story gets moved on a bit soon. Do we think she'll get time and then we will have rob being smug and Helen appealing to drag it out even longer?

Dumdedumdedum Sun 28-Aug-16 08:03:20

Thanks for the lovely thread title, I come here when I need to know that I was right to give up my long-term addiction to the Archers grin - it sounds as if things are getting progressively worse, just when I thought they couldn't be!
Bring back Nigel! Shower scene wink (As I've not been listening, I am obviously mistaken about Graham Seed playing Freddie!)

ErrolTheDragon Sun 28-Aug-16 08:04:48

If Jess won't testify I can't see Helen's case standing up. Unless something else comes into play - anyone else think that Rob's brother might make an appearance?

BertrandRussell Sun 28-Aug-16 08:06:04

I don't understand why people think Nigel was thick. Is it just because he was posh and did some bonkers things in his youth?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now