Talk

Advanced search

A Prairie Home Companion

(9 Posts)
HocusWireless Mon 18-Apr-16 04:55:49

Does anyone else like this ?

Does not that man have the most lovely voice? It is my little secret lovely late night thing. DS likes it also.

crabb Mon 18-Apr-16 05:02:15

I'm a fan too! I listen via podcast. Have you read any of his books?

HocusWireless Mon 18-Apr-16 05:24:00

My (sadly departed) Mil did (read the books) I have to say I rather more listen to the radio / podcasts but I just love his stories. He has a way with words which I just love.

HocusWireless Mon 18-Apr-16 06:08:51

Actually if anyone could help here, I do remember an episode where his "mom" converted the dining table into a pool table and he said something like "nice, when have you done this mom" and she says "since I hooked up with raoul" DS and I laughed like drains at that, If anyone could help me find it, I'd be grateful.

crabb Mon 18-Apr-16 06:54:53

Doesn't ring a bell, sorry. I tried googling. It seems that Raoul gets around! But couldn't find anything about a dining room table.

I see that Garrison Keillor is retiring in July. I've been saying for years that I should go see one of his shows live, looks like I left my run too late sad

HocusWireless Mon 18-Apr-16 20:14:01

Thanks Crabb anyway. No I didn't know he was retiring sad

officerhinrika Thu 21-Apr-16 19:49:53

A Prarie Home Companion was the reason I first bought a DAB radio as it moved to 4 extra (or whatever it was at the time.
Crabb there is a movie of making the show, Lily Tomlinson is in it I think, just trying to remember the name !
Lake Wobegon, where the women are strong, the men are good looking and all the children are above average. smile

drspouse Fri 22-Apr-16 19:51:00

We love it and when we realise it's on we set it to record on our DAB radio. But it keeps being taken off again. They get two hours in the US, so unfair.

Is it on at the moment?

drspouse Fri 22-Apr-16 19:51:50

The film is just called A Prairie Home Companion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now