Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone listening to it's a fair cop?

(18 Posts)
TheTravellingLemon Fri 10-Jul-15 12:14:51

I highly recommend it. I never heard the first series, but stumbled on the second series recently and I think it's really funny.

CormoranStrike Sat 11-Jul-15 09:05:44

I love it too, his voice is lovely - a really nice accent and great rory telling skills

CormoranStrike Sat 11-Jul-15 09:06:45

Just noticed the OP's user name - you are a fellow radio for comedy fan - BRILLIANT!

TheTravellingLemon Sat 11-Jul-15 09:16:48

Certainly am grin And always looking for new recommendations if you have any. Actually a radio fan generally for a number of reasons.

CormoranStrike Sat 11-Jul-15 15:39:02

Anything with Sandi Toksvig it Susan Calman

CormoranStrike Sat 11-Jul-15 15:39:30

Auto correct has hit every one of my posts

RomanMum Sat 11-Jul-15 22:07:40

Loving it's a fair cop, also Mark Steel's in Town (on iplayer radio)

Mrsmorton Sat 11-Jul-15 22:09:06

Yes, it's my favourite R4 comedy. Not that the competition is tough but I think he's excellent, informative and thought provoking.

CormoranStrike Sun 12-Jul-15 11:51:44

I've just listened to Dead Clever on the radio iplayer, I think you will like it.

TheTravellingLemon Sun 12-Jul-15 13:06:06

Thank you. I will definitely give it a go and let you know. When DC were tiny the radio was my company a lot of the time and I caught some fantastic plays and shows. I have less time these days. I tend to be listening at the same time every day so I rarely stumble upon anything new. I am always delighted by recommendations because I like to listen to something before I go to sleep.

TheTravellingLemon Wed 15-Jul-15 08:08:37

CormoranStrike funnily enough I had caught ten minutes of this in the car, but didn't know what it was to look it up later on iplayer, so that you for the recommendation smile

2rebecca Thu 16-Jul-15 20:21:45

Today I found him quite offensive. Saying a 12 year old girl might be a fat slag was quite revealing of the sort of person he really is, I can't imagine many women saying that about a 12 year old girl.
I also found him saying obese people wouldn't complain because they would never go on a march was offensive.
Comedy that relies on making fun of fat people or calling a 12 year old a slag just isn't funny

Thegentlemonkey Thu 16-Jul-15 20:32:43

I absolutely agree with you 2rebecca - turned off in the car for those exact reasons, which is very unlike me - I usually treasure a bit of peace and radio 4 when driving without the DC's. Unpleasant man.

TheTravellingLemon Thu 16-Jul-15 21:53:51

Oh no, I haven't listened to it yet. That's such a shame as I've really been enjoying the series so far.

R4 Thu 16-Jul-15 22:33:50

I haven't heard this week's but I seem to recall him mentioning (?last week?) that he is not exactly slimline himself.

firesidechat Fri 17-Jul-15 13:49:06

I'm a smidge on the plump side mildly obese and thought it was hilarious. I'm always on my way to knitting group when it comes on the radio and I had to sit in the car park to see how it finished this week. He sounds like a decent sort to me and I take the humour with a pinch of salt.

2rebecca Fri 17-Jul-15 14:30:45

I've found it funnier other weeks, although he does come across as a bit pompous and up himself. I've not heard him yet admitting to having made a wrong decision. It's all a bit self justifying.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Fri 31-Jul-15 17:20:25

Gosh, pompous was the last word in my mind listening to the series. I thought he was at great pains to show that there are lots of reasons why the police make the decisions they do and principle is only one of them. I love this series and I hope they make another one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now