Talk

Advanced search

Woo hoo! Cabin Pressure

(46 Posts)
hackmum Sat 13-Dec-14 19:28:03

Last two episodes on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Is it bad to say I'm looking forward to this more than anything else about Christmas?

DouglasRIchardson Sat 13-Dec-14 20:31:26

Happy christmaschristmaschristmas day.

Panzee Sat 13-Dec-14 20:32:29

Get dressed ye merry gentlemen! Festive sushi anyone?

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Sun 14-Dec-14 08:17:09

It's not Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! Just to save anyone from the appalling fate of missing part 1 - it's 23rd and 24th. There's another thread on this here.

I can't recommend John Finnemore's blog strongly enough in this exciting run up to Zurich! He is posting little factoids and deleted scenes from every episode to date. Utterly glorious. fgrin

confusedandemployed Sun 14-Dec-14 08:19:58

Oooooh!! I wonder if you can still tape stuff off the radio, I don't think one listen will be enough for this. Thanks for the tip about the blog. Off to search for that now.

Panzee Sun 14-Dec-14 08:52:41

I'm actually not sure about the blog. It is very interesting but it kind of ruins the magic for me, especially when he writes about sitcom formulae, which I do know exists, I think I just want to pretend this is real. grin

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Sun 14-Dec-14 08:55:36

Blog link here.

I see what you mean, Panzee, but for me the blog makes the show even better, hard though it is to believe that might be possible!

hackmum Sun 14-Dec-14 10:44:54

Mimsy, I'm sorry! I genuinely thought it was 24th and 25th. <Slaps self on the wrist.>

We shall have to reconvene after the final episode to see what we all made of it.

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Sun 14-Dec-14 12:11:14

No need to apologise, hackmum, I was just aghast at the thought of tuning on Christmas Eve and finding that you'd missed part 1! Yes, I'm hoping for lots of reconvening! fgrin

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Sun 14-Dec-14 12:11:36

No need to apologise, hackmum, I was just aghast at the thought of you tuning on Christmas Eve and finding that you'd missed part 1! Yes, I'm hoping for lots of reconvening! fgrin

NickAngel Sun 14-Dec-14 13:49:32

Really looking forward to it.
I hope Martin takes the job with the swiss

kim147 Tue 16-Dec-14 19:35:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Wed 17-Dec-14 07:19:38

I would like:

Martin to take the job and marry the Princess
Douglas to get a job with someone else, possibly as Captain
Carolyn to sell Gertie to Gordon for a very arge sum of money that will keep her and Arthur in comfort for the rest of their lives
Carolyn to marry Herc
Don't know what Arthur would do if MJN is wound up, but perhaps he could become a tour guide to places with bears. fgrin

LordEmsworth Thu 18-Dec-14 17:34:48

Preview on iPlayer - Arthur shows off his new ice cream van

Panzee Thu 18-Dec-14 20:02:44

Noooooooo! Spoiler alert! <fingers in ears> la la la not listening! grin

FrankelandFilly Thu 18-Dec-14 20:08:30

Marking place in anticipation.

Surprising Rice anyone?

Panzee Tue 23-Dec-14 14:24:05

Right, I'm ready. I listened to Yverdon-les-bans last night, and I still think my favourite episode is Xinzhou.

Deep breaths...

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Tue 23-Dec-14 15:31:48

I saw a minicab earlier which had a banner across its rear window saying YELLOW CARS. It was indeed a lovely bright yellow. It seemed very fitting to see that today.

If only I'd thought, I could have made an Admiral's pie for tonight. I do have plenty of lemons in though. fsmile

holmessweetholmes Tue 23-Dec-14 15:40:17

Marking place. Excited grin !

TheTravellingLemon Tue 23-Dec-14 16:41:44

I am so excited about this. I won't be able to listen live due to stupid family stupid Christmas grin. I'll check in after I've had some time alone with iplayer to discuss. Enjoy everybodyfsmile

Panzee Tue 23-Dec-14 18:06:32

I flew on an aeroplane today! And did the cabin announcement as a limerick...

Lindt70Percent Tue 23-Dec-14 18:07:05

Not long to go now. My daughter said today that she's more excited about this than she is about Christmas, which is saying something as she's only 11. She's a true Cabin Pressure addict though. She listens to it every day and I think it could be her mastermind subject.

CaptainAnkles Tue 23-Dec-14 18:09:25

I think I'm going to have to listen to it on iplayer radio later tonight sad
Very excited though smile

Zanzibaragain Tue 23-Dec-14 18:14:46

I am now at Arthur levels of excitement !

Zanzibaragain Tue 23-Dec-14 18:26:19

Yellow car check
Oboe check
Citrus pocket check
The lemon is in play let it begin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now