Talk

Advanced search

Is The News Quiz cursed or is this my own personal curse?

(5 Posts)
TimeWarp Thu 04-Dec-14 11:51:27

I listen to the Friday Night Comedy podcast and I can honestly say that I only get to listen to The News Quiz all the way through without interruption about 5% of the time. The phone rings, someone knocks on the door, the dog needs to go out, the DC come back early, just now the cleaner turned on the hoover 5 mins in (I know, I know, my diamond shoes are too tight).

This does not happen with The Now Show! Or perhaps it does but I don't care as much because it's not as funny.

Icimoi Thu 04-Dec-14 23:42:54

iPlayer is your friend. I usually wait for the longer version and listen to that.

TimeWarp Fri 05-Dec-14 08:04:00

But it's the podcast that I listen to, or sometimes iPlayer for the long version. I'm not trying to listen to it live as that's a busy time in our house. I deliberately wait until peace reigns and then listen, or try to. I think the world is just against me. Or perhaps I NEVER get 40 continuous minutes of peace but I only really notice it when I'm trying to listen to TNQ.

Medge68 Fri 05-Dec-14 08:08:53

Not just you, happens in our house too! Not so much now 2DC have left home - one advantage of a nearly empty nest!

VikingLady Thu 11-Dec-14 17:04:14

I listen to it on iplayer on my phone once I'm in bed. It's the only way to get 40m of peace!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now