Talk

Advanced search

Archers spoilers

(1000 Posts)
BoreOfWhabylon Mon 17-Nov-14 19:24:16

OK, this was posted on another site on January 1st 2014

'Based upon a letter in the DM from a reader who alleged they had overheard "an obnoxiously loud member of TA production team" in a Birmingham restaurant. Believe it at your peril.

Rob is revealed to be homophobic.
Jill will move into Brookfield.
The Grundy's to move back to Grange Farm.
Tom will take over the running of Bridge Farm after Tony has an accident.
Lower Loxley may burn down, but that has yet to be decided upon.
Lynda is to stage Blithe Spirit next Christmas.

Or not, as the case may be...'

How much more will come to pass, I wonder?

ZeroSomeGameThingy Mon 17-Nov-14 19:30:10

Hah! Is that the worst they can come up with for Rob?

The Grundy move has been long awaited.

But setting fire to LL would be ridiculous. Are the Pargetters to move to Northumberland?

BoreOfWhabylon Mon 17-Nov-14 19:34:21

I can imagine Frilly setting LL aflame.
Having first locked their mother inside grin

Rob made some homophobic unpleasant comments about Adam and Ian earlier in the year, I think? Around the time of Chipolata Boy's stag do?

BringYourOwnSnowman Mon 17-Nov-14 19:49:05

burning down LL would be excessive and unnecessary given everything else

maybe they could do a survey of similar sized villages and work out that they are overdoing it!!!

yes rob has shown himself to be homophobic - it was one of the early red flags!

CuttedUpPear Mon 17-Nov-14 21:01:35

Ooh I love this thread

Lots came true then!

EssexMummy123 Mon 17-Nov-14 21:52:33

Am i right in thinking that Oliver and Caroline live at Grange Farm now, where would they be going? i still think of her as being at the Dower House.

As an aside doesn't Neil keep his pigs at Willow farm - does he or Mike own that farmland?

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Mon 17-Nov-14 21:54:28

Hi all! Good idea to have a dedicated thread as I know lots of people hate seeing these on the main TA thread. Copied and pasted from Peet's Mustardland site:

Spoilers - 28 November

18 November Questions are being asked at Bridge Farm, and Lynda's spirits are far from blithe.
19 November There are ambitious plans at Home Farm, and Carol is having fun.
20 November Jennifer is on the trail, and the hunt is in trouble.
21 November Pat reaches out to Johnny, and Charlie drops a bombshell.

23 November David and Ruth have a big decision to make. Meanwhile, Eddie has a suggestion for Emma.
24 November Helen is worried, and Adam complains about Charlie.
25 November Adam consorts with the enemy, and David and Ruth decide.
26 November David has news for his siblings. Meanwhile, Jennifer is on the trail.
27 November The Grundys pardon a turkey, and there is an unexpected arrival.
28 November Roy has a painful conversation. Meanwhile, a weight is lifted from Helen's shoulders.

BringYourOwnSnowman Mon 17-Nov-14 22:13:39

charlies bombshell - justin won the brookfield bid
or
i'm not gay
or
i love you adam

David and Ruth's bg decison - accept justins offer or not

unexpected arrival - tom or jessus? i would guess tom given the next days bit about helen. although in theory it should only be unexpected to the family

and why is jenny constantly on the trail?

BringYourOwnSnowman Mon 17-Nov-14 22:14:44

re grange farm - maybe caroline and oliver move into grey gables.

bit odd to get rid of them though? maybe sw will magic up a grace and favour flat in the grounds of grey gables

ZeroSomeGameThingy Mon 17-Nov-14 22:42:42

Yes, I'd imagine the "unexpected" arrival is Tom. With whom Roy might have that painful conversation, though I hope it would be with Hayley. And he would definitely take the weight from Helen.

Caroline seemed to be losing enthusiasm for GG earlier this year (or was it last year?) Other than Lord Netherborne - who must be about 900 years old by now and in possession of a Hall that must need passing on - the only family either of them seem to have is Oliver's daughters in the US. Moving to be near them seems a possibility surely. I think they would only be leaving Grange Farm if they were also leaving Grey Gables.

BringYourOwnSnowman Mon 17-Nov-14 22:48:12

who would buy grey gables?

or are we to expect justin to buy everything going?

i'm finding the 'evil capitalist' story so dull. so far i am only listening if it has nothing to do with brookfield or BL!

stilllearnin Mon 17-Nov-14 23:16:14

I am reeling from the drama and not in a good way! But I do like a spoiler! Yes the knob homophobe is revealed as Charlie comes out which makes Hellin suspicious (or more likely a raving 'phobe too). I cannot bear the johnny, tony, Tom thing. I can't listen to it unless its fluffy I'm afraid.

BringYourOwnSnowman Mon 17-Nov-14 23:22:58

Well what's wrong with fluffy? I don't listen for high drama either. I listen for the story of 'every day' folk.

My life is stressful enough without listening to other people's stressful lives! That's why I stopped watching tv

unitarian Tue 18-Nov-14 00:31:30

The loud member of the production team omitted the Roy/Lizzie affair but perhaps that was instead of a fire.

OTOH I just knew Lily was channelling Bertha Mason and was likely to burn down LH one day.

Rob's homophobia was apparent earlier in the year but is in abeyance, perhaps because he needs Adam's permission for all this time off work he seems to take.

PetulaGordino Tue 18-Nov-14 06:37:34

Interesting

The LL fire thing would echo the fire when grace archer died, but I think it would be a bit too much under current circumstances!

also not sure I could stomach elizabeth feeling sorry for herself again

stilllearnin Tue 18-Nov-14 06:53:16

BYOS - that's exactly how I feel. Good interesting and realistic characters, a bit of emotional investment, family sagas- that is TA. I don't watch tv for the same reason. God, at the minute even the crappy over egged Jess' pregnancy seems like a nuanced sl!

And yes, knob's homophobia was well and truly on display with Adam and Iain earlier in the year.

ZeroSomeGameThingy Tue 18-Nov-14 08:02:36

Perhaps the loud person said something like

This will really set fire to Lower Loxley ...?

Pooka Tue 18-Nov-14 08:07:32

So tom is arriving back on the 27th to lift the weight from Helen's shoulders?

Seems like a long time for him to take given what's happened to tony. But maybe he is getting a boat from Canada rather than flying wink

ZeroSomeGameThingy Tue 18-Nov-14 08:19:45

Of course the unexpected arrival could be Jess. And the lifted weight may be her admission that Rob is not the father of her baby.

(Still think it's Tom ...)

BringYourOwnSnowman Tue 18-Nov-14 08:52:26

I hope they settle down stilllearnin!!

I find it really odd the way they haven't mentioned Tom. If my dad was fighting for his life I would expect to be told ASAP!

unitarian Tue 18-Nov-14 10:22:16

The arrival of the baby isn't unexpected so it's most likely Tom taking an implausibly long time to travel from Canada.

He's trudging through the snow behind a team of huskies trying to get a signal on his phone.....

unitarian Tue 18-Nov-14 11:20:57

Alternatively, the weight off Helen's shoulders might be Linda finally realising that Jim should be Charles and that Helen is too young and over-burdened at the moment so she recasts.

songbird Tue 18-Nov-14 11:34:40

Rob's not going to like Tom coming back is he?

Blanketontheground Tue 18-Nov-14 11:44:52

Apologies if this has been suggested before but perhaps Justin Elliot will buy Brookfield.

songbird Tue 18-Nov-14 12:07:15

Although, Tom will presumably be coming back for good, not just a fleeting visit, so it's plausible that it's taking some time to get his things in order in Canada if he's not returning.

What's completely implausible is that no-one has mentioned him!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.