(48 Posts)
ThreadWatcher Thu 18-Oct-12 22:54:18

Because his show isnt live - that appears to be the only reason

Guardian link

Nooooooooooo bring back Mike cos I love his show sad

ThreadWatcher Thu 01-Nov-12 19:40:28

And now Danny Baker ditched from his BBClondon shows bbcnews

ThreadWatcher Mon 29-Oct-12 22:59:45

Job done! email to feedback show asking to know the % of prerecorded shows on Radio 2 and why his much loved show has been ditched.

ThreadWatcher Mon 29-Oct-12 13:57:17

Network -contacting roger Bolton is a fantastic idea. I'm on the case!

I try to catch up with feedback on the I player - I haven't listened for a couple of weeks so maybe it's been talked about already?

NetworkGuy Mon 29-Oct-12 13:44:53

ayihaveaboxofchoculaits - "Does anyone know how we/I can complain about this?"

R4 "Feedback" covers all BBC Radio so that's an obvious place.

A question about why Mike Harding has been fired, with a supplementary of "and if it's because his show is pre-recorded, are there any other shows on R2 which are pre-recorded and why was his singled out" might be worthwhile to get Roger Bolton and team to consider the question with more significance.

choccyp1g Sat 27-Oct-12 21:05:58

I love Mike Harding's show because he plays good stuff, and
I love recorded shows, they don't have a load of rubbishy talk and chat and phonecalls and emails and tweets being read out instead of the music.

mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Tue 23-Oct-12 15:23:54

Complained to BBC, and got standard response e-mail, saying Mike Harding will have another show in 2013, and how wonderful Radcliffe is. Didnt expect much ,so a reply is nice. I guess the new MH show will be 12.45am , on radio wherever.hmm

bacon Sat 20-Oct-12 22:35:36

What about the sh*t - sounds of the 60's on a Saturday morning that cant be live, its beyond dreadful talk about banging on about todays music my toes are curling at the utter crud this man is playing. I dive to change this over to Heart cos thats the only other chanel I can bear. Beyond dreadful.

Pancakeflipper Sat 20-Oct-12 18:40:15

I reckon Radcliffe clicked his trendy hip young er than Hardy folky fingers and said "ahem Radio 2, I want to come to play at at your station."

And they chucked Mike over board and Radcliffe in a cheery mood skipped in.

mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Sat 20-Oct-12 18:04:45

Firied off my first bbc complaint re hardy .feel the way it happened was underhand.defender of ex folk presenters everywhere!

ThreadWatcher Sat 20-Oct-12 13:07:23

Notmost - a friend has suggested that re apparently random firings
But I agree with pancake, if I had something to hide I wouldnt be willing to be photographed for all the national newspapers!

Im sticking with my "I love Mike" mantra unless I have a definate reason to think otherwise!

DameMargotFountain Sat 20-Oct-12 09:16:56

glad it's not just me that notices Radcliffe's moods then grin

Pancakeflipper Sat 20-Oct-12 09:15:00

I like Mark Radcliffe but I think sometimes his mood influences the tone of the show.

If there was anything other reasons for Hardy leaving in light of other issues at the Beeb, I would think Hardy would slink off very quietly and not be doing stuff in the Guardian.

DameMargotFountain Sat 20-Oct-12 08:54:05

DH and I were talking about this other night - Mike Harding IS folk music, and will miss him as well.

I'm not sure about Mark Radcliffe, I loved his show on 6, but recently he's been quite disparaging towards some of his phone-in guests, especially young female ones hmm

NotMostPeople Sat 20-Oct-12 08:49:30

Right now I'd question any random BBC firings.

apprenticeboy Sat 20-Oct-12 08:46:03

How do you know if a show is pre recorded or not?

I'm sad for mike but glad radcliffe is coming back to 2.

mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Sat 20-Oct-12 07:52:58

Does anyone know how we/I can complain about this?

Pancakeflipper Sat 20-Oct-12 07:40:14

Graham isn't live? Huh that's my Saturday morning spoilt.

I would love to see the viewing figures for 'Steve love the show'. I bet they drop between Jeremy and Simon. Ed Byrne did his show this week and it was brill.

DorsetKnob Fri 19-Oct-12 21:45:24

I hate 'Steve love the show' always lisetn to R4 of Five Live at that point.

NorksAreMessy Fri 19-Oct-12 21:43:58

...and bloody Steve 'Love the show' gets to stay sad
It's all wrong

ThreadWatcher Fri 19-Oct-12 21:39:21

So Radio2 is swamped with pre recorded programmes but its Mike Harding that gets the heave ho

sad

DorsetKnob Fri 19-Oct-12 21:29:27

Graham Norton pre records.

I knwo Tony Blackburn is live but whoever did pop-pickers pre Tony was always pre-recorded.

ThreadWatcher Fri 19-Oct-12 21:26:11

Im still harrumphing over this so for those who are also harrumphing

Daily Mail link

- where he says he hasnt had a pay rise in 15 years so it surely cant be a financial issue - and he isnt J Savile or J Ross

GrendelsMum Fri 19-Oct-12 19:29:16

Mike Harding's been sacked? But who's going to play his music? Pah.

haggisaggis Fri 19-Oct-12 14:36:35

That's a real shame. I started listening to Mike's show about a year ago when I drive home - I now really look forward to it! I like teh sound of his voice and he seems to really like what he is doing. Mark Radcliffe does not appeal to me nearlly as much.

recall Fri 19-Oct-12 14:24:58

It is a real shame sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now