Talk

Advanced search

Clive Horrobin back story?

(8 Posts)
monstermoods Thu 06-Oct-11 15:30:46

Please? I've listened for like forever, but have a shocking memory?
What did he do to cause poor irritating Susan such fear?
Or is she just being a wimp.?

Lilymaid Thu 06-Oct-11 15:34:48

According to the Archers' website:
"Clive was sentenced to twelve years for the horrific culmination of his vendetta against George Barford, who was instrumental in getting Clive prosecuted for a string of burglaries.
Clive is a thoroughly bad egg, much to his sister Susan Carter's shame. A serial troublemaker, his spells in prison seem simply to serve as a brief respite between ever more shocking bouts of violent crime."

He also managed to manipulate Susan into protecting him and she ended up in prison (years ago)

heronsfly Thu 06-Oct-11 15:35:30

Id like to know a bit about him too, ive only become a real addict since the podcast began grin

monstermoods Thu 06-Oct-11 16:13:50

Hmmmm how on earth did I forget miss all that? When did this all happen?
Thanks btw

seeker Wed 12-Oct-11 07:40:15

Held up village shop at gunpoint, set fire to a house and slashed some horses with a Stanley knife.

Susan hid him from fuzz and went to jail for it. And still got the be the post mistress despite having a criminal record. For some reason that really really annoys me! Not that she got to be postmistress- it's the sloppy scriptwriting!

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Oct-11 13:57:20

Yes I need more 4/11 on the horrobin sitch

SpringHeeledJack Mon 17-Oct-11 14:02:10

nothing to contribute as yet

just marking place. Archers threads always make me feel a bit happy

smile

Panzee Tue 18-Oct-11 19:02:45

I've got 2 weeks of omnibus sitting on my ipod. I really need to get catching up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now