Talk

Advanced search

By 'eck the Archers was good tonight (15/09)

(17 Posts)
Northernlurker Thu 15-Sep-11 21:08:10

I was on the edge of my seat last night as they searched for Clarrie but tonight - wow!

Joe Grundy telling Tony to stop whining - FANTASTIC!

And then Eddie and Clarrie and him telling her she was the centre of his world - just wonderful!
<<Sobs over the washing up>>

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 15-Sep-11 21:12:22

I missed the rest of the week so was telling the DCs to be quiet shut up in the bath whilst i tried to listen to tonight's.

What happened? Did she go a bit conkers because the whole E coli thing?

It cant have been as bad as the bashing the ferrets to death thing surely?

Poor old Clarrie.

Did you hear last weeks when Jennifer was getting all shrill about Alice shopping in the pound shop?

Priceless.

Northernlurker Thu 15-Sep-11 21:16:08

No I didn't listen last week but I've got some baking to do now so will hear the Omnibus I think.

She heard Vicky Tucker telling Susan that Derek Fletcher had looked at her card advertising herself for babysitting etc and said ' Who would want to employ that dirty woman'. Unsurprisingly she was upset and did a bunk.
Joe and Eddie were a bit bemused when she wasn't at home for tea, then puzzled, then worried and then when they heard she was upset and why, they were frankly terrified - all though yesterday they looked for her and worried she'd topped herself then finally she rang from Rosie's in Yarmouth.

LadyGrace Thu 15-Sep-11 21:21:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 15-Sep-11 21:26:53

Dirty Woman? shock

How DARE he.

Vicky and Susan have got a bloody cheek havent they? Were they not both under suspicion for a while?

Lets not forget the yogurt fiasco Vicky <narrows eyes>

<needs to get a life>

Northernlurker Thu 15-Sep-11 21:30:07

Vicky was v penitent. Good thing too!

She is awful.

PrincessFiorimonde Fri 16-Sep-11 00:47:17

I think Vicky was supposed to be launching in to a 'OMG, Susan, did you hear what Derek Fletcher said about Clarrie and wasn't it awful' tirade. But Clarrie heard the first part only.

SPOILER ALERT
I was so glad Eddie and boys didn't find Clarrie at the bottom of the old quarry. And admit I had a lump in my throat after hearing what Eddie said to Clarrie at the end of it all.

<<I definitely need to get a life>>

Northernlurker Fri 16-Sep-11 08:25:05

That's what Vicky said she meant - but we'll never know will we?

CalatalieSisters Fri 16-Sep-11 08:43:24

There's something very very comforting about the idea of going to "Rosie's in Yarmouth" when life gets too much. That's what I'll do in future I think.

The ferret bashing! I had forgotten about that. Nothing, ever, can top that as an expression of Grundy angst.

R4 Fri 16-Sep-11 08:48:34

It wasn't Susan's fault - she was frantically trying to shush Vickiii but blabbermouth was in full flow and wouldn't shup up.

Joe was an absolute star, telling Tony that he had treated Clarrie very shabbily and that they don't know they're born over at Bridge Farm.

I hope that Clarrie gets a new job soon. I want her to start a kitchen-table business that blossoms and makes them all millionaires.smile

PrincessFiorimonde Fri 16-Sep-11 12:02:13

Northern, you're right of course.

Am loving the 'going to Rosie's in Yarmouth' idea. And the thought of Clarrie becoming a millionaire. DP keeps saying why can't the Grundys win the Lottery? But wasn't that storyline done some years back (Mike and Betty)?

Had forgotten the ferret bashing too!

CalatalieSisters Fri 16-Sep-11 12:07:26

The ferret bashing was pure Thomas Hardy. I be Thomas Hardy was spinning in his grave just wishing that he had done a ferret bashing storyline. He should have written a book called The Parish Councillor of Borsetshire, or Joe of the Grundies, which combined stressed badger-shooting in manner of David Archer, with the angsty ferret squashing of the rural poor.

thefirstMrsDeVere Fri 16-Sep-11 14:42:48

everything is Susan's fault

apart from when its Jennifer's

GrendelsMum Sat 17-Sep-11 08:17:12

snorking madly to myself, here. Love the idea of Thomas Hardy ferret-bashing, and definitely agree that Clarrie should set up a successful business and screw them all, especially Tom. worrying thing is that my DH feels that Tom is the Archers character he's most like.

keynesian Mon 19-Sep-11 17:33:47

I thought the ferret bashing was more akin to the 'Boys from the Blackstuff' rabbit and the shotgun scenes - but can't remember which came first!

We stopped farming just over 12 months ago and have had some testing times since... the Pat/Tony scenes as well as the Eddie/Clarrie ones have been hard to listen to without leaking eyes...

ppeatfruit Wed 21-Sep-11 10:06:39

Oow keynsian that's soo sad. sad i admire and respect farmers especially if they try to conserve the environment and treat their animals humanely. Not like the huge dairy that was being talked about by Brian and hungarian farming daughter she's an effing money grabber isn't she?

Did anyone else notice that the Clarrie storyline is bringing Wills and young Ed together (it had been happening gradually before) the end of the feud in sight what d'you reckon?

Acekicker Wed 21-Sep-11 18:44:28

Have just caught up on about 3 weeks worth of Archers in my drive to work each morning (bliss!). I was really glad I had lots to listen to as it really was very gripping.

Not sure about William and Edward getting closer, when one asked the other for 25p change it seemed very much business as usual. I think there's some huge bust up brewing over Emma (and the missing book bag) though which probably won't help things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now