Talk

Advanced search

The Moral Maze makes Jeremy Kyle seem like a haven of thoughtful discussion.

(6 Posts)
piprabbit Wed 07-Sep-11 21:21:34

Honestly, the media pundits panellists seem to think they have carte blanche to intimdate, willfully misunderstand, misquote and speak over the guests who are invited to contribute because they have actual experience in the area being discussed.

No matter how reasoned and calm the guest, the panel will be rude, smug and patronising, enjoying the sound of their own voices and so blinkered in their opinons that they never admit to reconsidering their positions as a result of the debate.

It's like a bunch of clever playground bullies (the sort that use words instead of fists) being given free rein, while the Chair plays the role of the ineffectual teacher who can't control the class.

Radio 4 deserves better than this.

Rant over - thank you for bearing with me.

HidingInTheUndergrowth Tue 13-Sep-11 14:42:33

I agree completely!

I absolutely loath the moral maze with a passion unequalied in any other part of my life. I am actually a complete radio 4 addict but just can't stand it at all and dread the start of every new series as just the thought of that bunch of smug, self-involved, ignorant, bullying twats makes me so angry I practically have to go have a lie down in a dark room with some nice just a minute repeats to make me feel better.

Phew...I feel strangely better for that short rant.

For the record I also really hate Count Arthur Strong...but not quite as much...

piprabbit Tue 13-Sep-11 14:46:18

I don't get Count Arthur Strong, but am happy to simply ignore him.

I am glad that I'm not the only R4 addict who thinks MM is truly awful.

Hmmmm - lie down, dark room, radio on - sounds like heaven grin.

GrendelsMum Thu 15-Sep-11 09:54:43

I agree with every word you've said. I honestly think that programme is an example of the lowest form of intellectual snobbery.

PrincessFiorimonde Fri 16-Sep-11 00:51:13

I totally agree. I hate 'Moral Maze' with a passion, and even the trailers for it can make me start to froth.

Don't like Count Arthur Strong either. But I am a bit more rational about it...

HumphreyCobbler Fri 16-Sep-11 02:50:21

I also agree. I cannot listen to it for more than a few minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now