Talk

Advanced search

Touchline Tales R4

(6 Posts)
Fiderer Fri 26-Aug-11 11:12:59

"Des Lynam and Christopher Matthew visit some famous sporting venues to reminisce" - I went to turn it off, being as sporty as a paperclip and never could stand DL.

Didn't in the end as I found it v entertaining, though DL is still as conceited as ever. But is funny at unexpected times. Very gentle English humour.
<expat emoticon>

MissBetsyTrotwood Sat 27-Aug-11 21:33:20

This had DH and me in stitches. Glad someone else liked it!

RhinestoneCowgirl Sat 27-Aug-11 21:35:16

yy gentle bickering between them strangely enjoyable - and I too am not a sporty type...

Fiderer Sun 28-Aug-11 08:55:49

I think it works because it's not scripted and they are both at ease with each other. They don't shout or exclaim in that "This is LIVE RADIO - So Exciting!" way.

It was the last in the series, hope they make more. The sport connection was fairly loose, they could just wander about the country observing, wittering and reminiscing and it'd be entertaining.

MissBetsyTrotwood Sun 28-Aug-11 13:56:24

Their interactions with others were also hilarious. The lady who worked at the Oval in the last episode was a treat. If there was any editing it was very gentle and clever. I do hope this gets commissioned again.

This knocked the socks off most of the 6.30 'comedy' and had us laughing almost as much as the National Theatre of Brent.

Fiderer Sun 28-Aug-11 14:19:25

Agree. Did you hear the bit where they were talking about learning to dance? I think it was CM's teacher who showed the boys the dance steps by using her poodle. Wonderful image. Much hilarity about whether you'd have to take the dog out for a nice fish supper after a dance.
I miss The News Quiz, I love Sandi Toksvig. And Jeremy Hardy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now