Talk

Advanced search

Anyone listening to the afternoon play "Black Roses- The Killing of Sophie Lancaster"?

(11 Posts)
northender Wed 24-Aug-11 14:33:01

I usually switch off after The Archers but this is beautiful and so poignant.

PandaG Wed 24-Aug-11 14:36:49

yes, I 've got it on in the background. Often enjoy the afternoon play.

northender Wed 24-Aug-11 14:42:15

Shocking sad. This happened fairly local to us so there was loads of coverage at the time. I'd never heard so much about her background before.

northender Wed 24-Aug-11 15:00:25

Did you hear the last 5 minutes PandaG? It had tears rolling down my face, the bit of poetry talking about what her Mum did for her.

joben Wed 24-Aug-11 15:01:59

Heard this when it was first broadcast, very moving and made me so angry with the perpetrators (and their parents). Simon Armitages poetry was brilliant

PandaG Wed 24-Aug-11 15:03:55

yes I did hear it. Really well written. Very, very sad.

ProfYaffle Wed 24-Aug-11 15:04:41

I've just been listening too. Heartbreaking.

PandaG Wed 24-Aug-11 15:05:13

and brave mother talking about her child.

aliceliddell Wed 24-Aug-11 15:05:56

Had to turn it off (too sad). Dp carried on listening. He's not crying. Heartless bastard. He's gone into socio-political analysis mode. Typical.

Mirage Wed 24-Aug-11 20:31:12

I cried.I was listening to it on my Ipod at work.I pretended to be weeding a flowerbed and hoped that no one would see me.Her mum describing their last moments together just made me sob.sad

ppeatfruit Tue 30-Aug-11 13:03:45

I heard it the first time they put it out and i cried so much i couldn't listen to it again it was so shocking. You (well i do) always wonder how the perpetrators were bought up shock sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now