Talk

Advanced search

Archers omnibus

(18 Posts)
thefirstMrsDeVere Sun 17-Jul-11 11:13:33

Not sure that I will get any interest on her but I sure as hell wont get any at home grin

Does anyone else think that Jennifer is being particularly magnificant this week?

I just LOVE HATE her so much!

EggyAllenPoe Sun 17-Jul-11 11:18:21

jennifer is just abut due another affair i reckons. i need to listen to the catch-up...

thefirstMrsDeVere Sun 17-Jul-11 11:21:56

She is beside herself with worry about Alice's money problems and horrified that she is looking for a <gasp> summer job shock

She is absolutely dreading going to Kia's Christening too. Simply shuddering at the thought.

I reckons she is going to go on and on and on about the whole money thing till it comes out that her daft daughter got mixed up with a comedy loan shark.

Then her head will explode.

R4 Sun 17-Jul-11 11:37:08

I'm quite cross. I vaguely know the loan shark storyline but don't know the details because I haven't listened to Ambridge for da Kidz. Will it all come out later, or am I being forced to listen to AfdK to know what is going on in the proper version.

And can someone explain why Chris is talking about buying-out the exisiting farrier business. Wouldn't you wait until Alice had her Masters, see where her job was and then start a farriery there. <forgets for a moment that no-one ever escapes Ambridge>

Ever since Susan said, emphatically, on Friday that it is NOT going to rain on the Christening, it hasn't stopped raining here in Borsetshire!grin

thefirstMrsDeVere Sun 17-Jul-11 13:53:20

I listened to the Kidz version because I am an uber R7 fan (cant call it by its new name)

Was very lame. Horrible posh boy started lending money to the chavs, got cocky, did a gansta stylee lean on the wrong person's brother, brother threats posh boy, posh boy runs away to Paris and expects Alice to go with him.

She didnt.

Yawn.

The business is coming up for sale now and Chris reckons the other apprentice will snap it up if he doesnt get in first.

Its all very thrilling.

goldenbirdies Sun 17-Jul-11 13:57:03

Maybe just me but I gritted my teeth with boredom through the whole 75mins - apart from the bit where Kirsty explained to Ben all about the lesser-spotted slugwort or somesuch and he said 'cool!' and I snorted tea up my nose. What the hell have they done to Kirsty anyway, she used to be quite an interesting character. Harry, Spencer, Jamie's girlfriend - all so insanely BORING. I thought the point of shoving Nigel off the roof was to liven the Archers up and give us juicy storylines, well so much for that.
Btw, what's this on the Archer Addicts forum about Helen and cot death...

R4 Sun 17-Jul-11 14:18:17

So who does Chris (?or Alice?) owe money to, if PoshBoy has done a runner? Or did Alice give money to him, as middleman, to loan to others? So it's a lost investment instead of a loan? Still confused

I thought Chris could operate out of his van/ mobile forge: what does he need to buy off the retiring guy?

thefirstMrsDeVere Sun 17-Jul-11 15:56:00

Oh please God no, not a child death on the Archer. I am so bloody sick of it being used as entertainment and they would have to choose the unhinged one wouldnt they? I hope its not true.

I dont know about the money. I was a bit puzzled by that. He needs to buy the business for the goodwill I suppose?

I live in East London and I have never run a business so not best qualified to comment on rural ways.

Elizabeth was always annoying, whingy and self centered. Widowhood had not improved her and has just given her an excuse to be even more of a brat.

goldenbirdies Sun 17-Jul-11 21:00:35

Something in the radio times about 'tragedy at Bridge Farm, pat and tony distraught'.

thefirstMrsDeVere Sun 17-Jul-11 21:14:59

They hinted heavily after tonights episode. Bloody nora what a to-do just because little Mia was a bit lairy at the Christening shock

So yet another soap I will be forced to ignore for a while until the deceased child is more or less forgotten about (that will be about three weeks then) hmm

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 17-Jul-11 21:19:38

I reckon that clarrie has done something wrong with the ice cream - much mentioning of her tummy bug and temperature stuff when her and susan were making it this week.

I have always hated emma but lordy she is awful at the moment.

Northernlurker Sun 17-Jul-11 21:23:28

I don't think there will be a baby death. They need to start bringing along the next generation of Archers . In any case Henry is over 6 months old - way past the peak incidence. It's not impossible of course but it wouldn't be a great storyline. Plus we've seen P&T grief-stricken when they lost JOhn. Very little dramatic mileage in repeating that imo. At least that's what I hope!

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 17-Jul-11 21:26:44

No it will be the ice cream I tell you!

Northernlurker Sun 17-Jul-11 21:28:56

If it is a cot death though I'm packing up listening!

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 17-Jul-11 21:34:37

I don't think they'll do that.

More likely Emma slides into pnd as she is the only person in the world to have had a baby that cries and wakes at night and its just soooo hard for her hmm

thefirstMrsDeVere Sun 17-Jul-11 21:46:24

OMG remember when Vicki messed up the yogurt order? Trauma shock

Took me days to calm down.

Emma definately PND bound.

Have they had the scarecrow showdown yet. Could be Emma's tipping point.

You know what else? I used to love the name Jude. I even had it as a name for DC5. Then that bloody Pip had to ruin it by saying it over and over and over again in that annoying voice.

And now she has gone all lovely.

hmm

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 17-Jul-11 21:56:11

Oh Pip is soooo annoying too - with her business plans - I just want to slap her.

Emma is such a cow - its funny though how they've turned Nic into a veritable saint - perhaps her and Ed will get it on wink Or Ed will realise he should have stayed with the lovely Fallon.

thefirstMrsDeVere Sun 17-Jul-11 22:13:59

Fallon is in love with Harry.

Seems very odd. He is all milk rounds and cordroys. She is all rock n roll.

They make this stuff up as they go along.

I remember when Nic was introduced. The BBC chat boards went wild. She was obviously up to something because she was a <gasp> single mum.

It was hilarious.

Mind you the grundys used to be depicted as thieving con men and now they are all salt of the earth, hard working country folk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now