Talk

Advanced search

Phoebe "sounding just like Kate "

(10 Posts)
heronsfly Thu 09-Jun-11 10:03:59

Im not too sure what the best outcome would be here,Roy and Hayley sending Phoebe off to live with Kate (wouldent last 6 months) or refusing and having to listen to both of them twittering on for months. smile

R4 Thu 09-Jun-11 12:38:34

I am exasperated with Roy being so useless about this. All the hang-wringing and "will she hold it against us?".

a) make non-commital noises until Kate is back in SA. Any fule kno that Kate operates on an out-of-sight-out-of-mind basis and will forget the idea within a fortnight. Then let Phoebe work out for herself what her bio-mum is really like.

b) make promises that she can go when she is older. She can do a Gap Yaar like everyone else. There is a reason why most do it at 18, not 13.

Get a backbone, Roy!

Acekicker Sun 12-Jun-11 10:30:20

I do like the way they're beginning to show Kate's personality coming out in Phoebe... the cynic in me wonders if they're setting PhoebeInSouthAfrica as the plot for the next series of AE - they could have lots of drama happening 'off set' for the main show and the AE audience can be bored to tears listen along to the stereo-whingefest which will be Kate and Phoebe together.

I did wonder if they'd been dropping hints that all was not well in Kate's SA life/marriage when she first rocked up to do this degree at Felpersham so there's plenty of scope for SA based plot I suspect...

Acekicker Sun 12-Jun-11 10:30:42

..and yes - Roy needs one hell of a slap!

DirtyMartini Sun 12-Jun-11 11:19:25

Agree re marriage problems in SA. And Phoebe's mention of Lukas's family members by name reinforces the idea we may hear from them, whether on TA or AE.

You're quite right though, R4.

heronsfly Sun 12-Jun-11 15:03:43

Yes,I think they are building up for a story line in SA, probably resulting in Roy and Hayley having to fly over to collect a distraught Pheeeeeeebes.

GrendelsMum Tue 14-Jun-11 22:20:52

Oh, it's ridiculous isn't it? Someone needs to say 'Yes, Phoebe, you will visit your mum for a month once a year in summer, and you will stay with her for a year aged 18, but right now SA is not an option, no matter how high a percentage of GDP goes on schooling'.

R4 Tue 14-Jun-11 23:37:28

Why has no-one mentioned Abbie? She is just over 3 y.o. - how will she react to Pheebes disappearing and then, even worse, re-appearing and stealing diverting mummy&daddy's attention.

GrendelsMum Wed 15-Jun-11 17:25:41

Thinking it over, maybe they're better off having Phoebe visit Kate aged 13 rather than 17. Because not even Kate would suggest that a 13 year old find herself by having sex under the stars in a teepee with a dubious bloke who has previously carried out a racist assault on a neighbour.

Surely...?

Acekicker Wed 15-Jun-11 21:19:56

grin at GrendelsMum

I'd totally forgotten the Roy/Usha thing... I think that was when I was at University so not a regular listener.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now