Talk

Advanced search

Radio for Children

(6 Posts)
Acekicker Fri 15-Apr-11 20:02:57

Ok so CBeebies Radio wasn't the greatest, but Big Toe Books was bearable and DS used to love listening to them as he ate his tea...

What other children's radio programs/stations are there? DS is 6 and has been asking what else he can listen to. We've got a Squeezebox radio so can get pretty much anything streamed live from around the world as well as radio iPlayer.

Laugs Thu 30-Jun-11 07:28:35

I'm bumping this as I came on to ask exactly the same question (though DD is 4). There must be something...

OddBoots Thu 30-Jun-11 07:41:52

We love www.funkidslive.com/listen/ in this house. DD (8) loves it and has for years, DS (nearly 12) used to love it, is not as enthusiastic now but will happily have it on and dh and I don't get driven nuts by it.

DilysPrice Thu 30-Jun-11 07:56:24

Agree that funkidslive is worth trying, though it's quite pop music biassed outside school hours if that's a problem.

Laugs Fri 01-Jul-11 11:11:53

Thanks! I'll try it out with DD this afternoon. I'm happy for her to listen to a bit of child-friendly (assuming that it is) pop too smile.

Acekicker Fri 01-Jul-11 16:43:53

Thank you - I'll try funkidslive for tonight's tea time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now