Talk

Advanced search

Hercule poirot's christmas

(6 Posts)
stainesmassif Wed 29-Dec-10 07:58:35

Has anyone else listened to THE worst collection of foreign accents in the history of the BBC? Peter saliss sounds just like clegg. I can't hear any difference in his voice there is a Spanish character who sounds vaguely French and a south African who could've been from anywhere.

GrendelsMum Fri 31-Dec-10 15:09:00

Just signing in to agree! I like the way that the Spanish character only sounds Spanish half the time - or is that a clue? Is she actually South African? Is he actually Nick Clegg? Frankly, I can't be bothered to listen long enough to find out.

stainesmassif Sat 01-Jan-11 05:19:00

Lol! I meant clegg from last of the summer wine, but he could equally sound more like nick clegg than a famous Belgian detective.

I gave up too, but running out of stuff to listen to during night feeds.

AnyoneforTurps Sat 01-Jan-11 18:22:35

Agree Peter Saliss' accent was absolutely rubbish. John Moffat was much better as HP.

bullet234 Sat 01-Jan-11 18:24:50

David Suchet is the best TV adaption of Poirot. Not sure about radio ones.

GrendelsMum Sat 01-Jan-11 20:45:07

I was a bit bemused as to why you thought he sounded like Nick Clegg, but since the character didn't sound like anything at all, I thought 'why not the Deputy PM?...'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now