Talk

Advanced search

Charles Paris mystery

(9 Posts)
stainesmassif Mon 13-Dec-10 12:09:39

Is anyone listening? And do you think it's the best thing ever? I love Bill Nighy. Forever. If destroyed true.

ArcticRoll Mon 13-Dec-10 12:43:35

Yes tis fab and also Bill Nighy.

AvengingGerbil Mon 13-Dec-10 12:49:22

They ran an old one on BBC7 last week (last ep today) - you can catch Bill's dulcet tones on listen again.

Another addict.

stainesmassif Mon 13-Dec-10 16:41:57

Been looking at the books too, but not sure if it'll be as good without bill. He's so charming. Sigh.

GrendelsMum Mon 13-Dec-10 17:02:07

I think it's Bill Nighy that makes it as good as it is. (His voice as Charles Paris is just brilliant) I love the radio programmes, but the books I've read by the author were frankly appalling.

Not sure it's best thing ever, though. And I actually prefer to hear things repeated on BBC 7 so that I hear all the episodes in a week and can follow what's going on. Brand new series on Radio 4 are just hard to follow.

stainesmassif Mon 13-Dec-10 19:36:46

ah, thanks GM you've saved me another pointless amazon impulse buy.

there may have been better programmes on r4/7, but i honestly can't think of any that i've enjoyed more. am a sucker for a murder mystery though.

jodevizes Tue 14-Dec-10 19:07:15

I love Bill he always sounds so wasted and decadent and raffish. A naughty boy who's great for a fling but not to marry.

stainesmassif Wed 15-Dec-10 13:13:58

louche is the word that springs to mind.

NetworkGuy Sat 18-Dec-10 06:04:09

Thanks for educating me on the spelling of louche

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now