Talk

Advanced search

Shouldn't we have a 'baby names' thread for Helen and Emma?

(8 Posts)
GrimmaTheNome Thu 02-Dec-10 14:28:25

Surely granny Susan will want Emma to compete with whatever Helen chooses...

So far Helen has suggested Henry for a boy and Megan for a girl.

PonceyMcPonce Thu 02-Dec-10 14:30:24

Surely Susan would want whatever William and Kate chose, like th egrundy boys

NorkilyChallenged Thu 02-Dec-10 14:33:37

It all seems so loaded with Helen at the moment, there was something so portentous about Helen saying the names even - you can almost hear the brooding dramatic music as she speaks grin

GrimmaTheNome Thu 02-Dec-10 14:35:37

>Surely Susan would want whatever William and Kate chose, like th egrundy boys

Given that W&K aren't having a shotgun wedding they'll have to decide before that event!

Snorbs Thu 02-Dec-10 15:02:24

I'm surprised. I would've imagined Helen choosing a name more like Galadrial or Moonstone. Maybe Pandora Fairywing Bonnibel, or PFB for short.

As for Ed'n'Emmur, how about Edith for a girl so it could be shortened and then they'd have an Ed, Edie and Eddy all in the same family?

PonceyMcPonce Thu 02-Dec-10 15:06:21

You know that do you Grimma?

<<taps nose knowingly>>

How funny would a royal shotgun wedding be? I'd wet my pants laughing.

Or maybe they would have one of those 9lb preemies like ladies had in the war!

lalalonglegs Thu 02-Dec-10 15:37:31

I thought she might have chosen John after her brother and got Pat all weepie... but, yes, fully awaiting an Islington line-up of Lysander/Hector/Tilly/Jemima.

Didn't even know Emma was pregnant - I do tend to dip in and out (and get very cross about it when I do bother listening).

GrimmaTheNome Thu 02-Dec-10 15:59:51

Yes, I was thinking John - but warming to Helen's original suggestion after a coincidental mention of Horrid Henry elsewhere. Because doubtless he would be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now