Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Buying the correct cocoon for bugaboo bee plus

(4 Posts)
jennyjenkinz Fri 16-Apr-10 00:39:20

I am confused. John lewis has the bugaboo cocoon listed seperatly for the old bee and the new bee plus (suggesting they are a slightly different fit/shape to suit each model) however mothercare just lists it as one product that is universal for both the old bee and the new bee plus. I don't want to buy one that isn't t the correct size. I am tied to purchasing with mothercare due to staff discount.

barkfox Fri 16-Apr-10 07:31:39

This is what John Lewis told me (I've been on a long journey with them through Bugaboo Bee Plus accessory compatibility!) -

The cocoon for the old Bee will fit the Bee Plus (so the harness points match up, and it will fit inside the new slightly larger base) -

The only difference is that the cocoon listed for the Bee Plus is a bit wider and more 'square' looking (you can see this on the JL website). So it is a better fit for the new wider Bee Plus base.

I've seen both cocoons in the Bee Plus, and they both look fine to me. My guess is that if the cocoon is listed as 'universal', it's the old cocoon, cos I think the new one (for Bee Plus)would be too wide for the old base.

jennyjenkinz Fri 16-Apr-10 10:06:36

Thanks bark fox. X

mamaofjrna Fri 27-Jan-17 21:50:08

Hello,
I know this is an old post but I have an original Bugaboo Bee that I need to buy a Cocoon for. Would a Cocoon from 2011 fit my 2008 Bee? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now