Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

How do I get the main seat cover off a P&T sport?

(8 Posts)
EldonAve Thu 12-Nov-09 08:53:34

I have searched quickly but couldn't find the answer
I have a P&T Sport V1 and my little darling has split milk all over the main seat

How do I get the main seat cover off?
Can you wash it?
It feels like it has cardboard inside so I'm a bit wary

EffiePerine Thu 12-Nov-09 09:17:32

You can but it's tricky. You need to take the hood off, unscrew the two bolts on each of the handle, take the handle off and carefully slife the whole seat off. It will be easier to sponge clean if you can

(I had to do it after we left the p&t out on the rain and it took a whole day to dry)

bamboo Thu 12-Nov-09 09:22:48

I dunked my E3 covers in the bath and they came up a treat! I was a bit worried about the seat but it was fine. Ages to dry, though, as EffiePerine says!

EffiePerine Thu 12-Nov-09 09:28:42

oh and there's a screw at the back as well

washing them did make a huge difference (I have very grubby children) but I'm not sure it was worth the hassle!

If you do decide to take the buggy apart DON'T LOSE ANY OF THE BITS

EldonAve Thu 12-Nov-09 10:01:12

Thanks all

I have managed to get the hood off but I think I'll start with giving it a scrub without removing the covers

LadyOfTheFlowers Thu 12-Nov-09 10:15:19

We did this recently.

As mentioned, you have to take the handle off, DH did it so was easy and turn it upside down to take all the screws out - putting them straight in a sandwich bag for safe keeping.

Then you half colapse it and slide it off.

It was easier than I thought tbh.

Put second seat and hood in washing machine and main seat in bath tub - squashed it like when making anf rubbed it a lot.

Spent a lot of time squishing water out of it afterwards and it did take ages to dry - it dried better back on the frame and whoever sat in the main seat had to sit on a folded towel for the first couple of trips after washing as it was still a bit wet if you squished the padding down - but this served to dry the seat pad out well too.

This reminds me - I must go a fix the 43rd puncture I aquired yesterday.... hmm

LadyOfTheFlowers Thu 12-Nov-09 10:16:27

Don't know what happened there - was supposed to read I stomped it in the tub like making wine.

EldonAve Thu 12-Nov-09 19:32:10

Thanks, I'm trying to dry it out now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now