Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

second hand P& T

(8 Posts)
carmenelectra Wed 11-Nov-09 13:53:27

Has anyone bought a second hand Phil & Teds from ebay? If so, would you recommend doing this?

I have been looking on there past few weeks as i need one ASAP. hOWEVER, I am shocked at the prices that they are going for. They have been selling at £250-280 at a couple of yrs old. New ones are going for £340 on Kiddicare. Im happy to pay £250 as it still saves £100 but I am worried at how shabby they will be. It wont be a bargain if its scruffy and i would sooner pay the extra in that case.

I think im just worried that descriptions/pictures are not that accurate. I have just bought a car seat from ebay and the seller hadnt even bothered to wipe it over with a cloth before selling.

Any advice??

carmenelectra Wed 11-Nov-09 14:08:14

anyone?

Daisypod Wed 11-Nov-09 14:45:42

I brought one a couple of weeks ago. I was able to pick it up so it meant I could check for damage etc before paying. It was not quite in as good a condition as described but ok.
Having said that I have found that it isn't the pushchair for me, my two are both a bit big to go in the back seat so I am therefore selling it on.
I was going to put a message up on here about it and your message has prompted me!
It is a couple of years old and therefore there are some cosmetic faults but it is in great working order.
The frame has some scratches, the reflective lines on the main seat have rubbed away and the handle bar had a split in it, this has been taped up and it now has a handle cover on so you cannot actually see the repair.
It comes with the doubles seat and raincover.
I am looking for £200 +£12 courier as I need to sent through Paypal post.
Would you be interested?
Liz

carmenelectra Wed 11-Nov-09 16:19:20

What colour is it and do you have any pictures?

Daisypod Wed 11-Nov-09 16:20:13

It is black and charcoal. yes I can send you pics, whats your email?

bogie Wed 11-Nov-09 16:25:04

Dasiypod could I please have pics aswell ruggle @ ntlworld.com

carmenelectra Wed 11-Nov-09 16:28:56

its kthbryan@aol.com

Daisypod Wed 11-Nov-09 19:46:40

Pics emailed ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now