Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

footmuff advice for maclaren xt

(10 Posts)
Melfish Wed 04-Nov-09 22:01:40

Evening!

I succumbed to temptation and bought pushchair no.5, the lovely maclaren xt in black. I've got a red star buggysnuggle on it at the moment and tbh, it fits a bit rubbish, and is always riding down. It also makes it a bit of a sod to fold.

Are the maclaren xt footmuffs any better for staying in place and folding? I've seen a few grey ones on ebay with the long silver stripe down the middle, do they have the velcro bits at the back which stick on to the velcro bits on the back of the buggy?

thanks

sammysamsam Thu 05-Nov-09 13:08:11

not sure abt the answers to your q's..but a lady is selling a black footmuff on the pushairs sale thread..

janx Thu 05-Nov-09 14:22:57

You need to ask Nicola - you will find her in the pushchair shed

nicolamumof3 Thu 05-Nov-09 18:42:28

i really didn't like my xt footmuff, yes it has the velcro on. but the lining felt too synthetic to me was rough and not at all nice, not worth £55 imo. i bought a universal one in black still fits just as good but has soft fleece lining looks better imo.

twolittlekings Thu 05-Nov-09 18:45:12

Have you tried the John lewis range? We have one (they were around £39 but I think there are cheaper ones) We have a maclaren XT and it fits fine and very comy - much softer than the macrlaren own range.

nicolamumof3 Thu 05-Nov-09 18:49:40

oh and by universal i mean the maclaren universal got mine on boots.com when they were doing extra points thing last week.

eastendmummy Thu 05-Nov-09 18:56:51

I've got the generic version from John Lewis for my XT and it's great. As Nicola says the fleece is very nice and warm and it's easy to fold with it on. Only £15 too so bargain!

fluffydog Thu 05-Nov-09 19:14:40

My sister has the maclaren footmuff for her xt and it has velcro to attach it at the back.
It seems to have stayed in place for her .

Hope this helps

Melfish Thu 05-Nov-09 22:43:54

thanks for the info- I will have a look at the John Lewis ones. I think I winced inwardly when I saw the price of the Maclaren ones!

SparklyGothKat Thu 05-Nov-09 22:54:53

I have one the maclaren universal footmuff for sale if any good, there is a thread in for sale

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now