Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Choosing a pram is driving me crazy ... any suggestions, please?

(9 Posts)
Issy42 Tue 27-Oct-09 01:07:14

Please help. Choosing a pram is driving me mad. I would like one that can be rear or forward facing and can fit in a small car (Nissan Note - boot not much bigger than Micra).

Ideally I would like one that also:
- has a separate carrycot (as she's due in January, so protection from cold and would give me a daytime sleeping solution);
- can cope with gravel paths and city streets;
- is not too expensive.

At the moment the Loola Up, MyChoice 4 and iCandy Cherry are the front runners ... but worried about Loola Up on gravel/slightly pot-holey paths, you can't use the Mychoice carrycot off the pram and have read a few bad reviews of iCandy.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

PumpkinsCantDanceTheTango Tue 27-Oct-09 01:35:52

not tried any of those, I like the silvercross one and the mamas and papas prammette

ParanoidAtAllTimes Tue 27-Oct-09 01:54:43

Well the Quinny 3 wheel one fits all your requirements except price. It folds up into my tiny boot (I have a metro- boot is postage stamp sized). I take it on uneven ground all the time and it copes fine. The carrycot also comes off.

I know the mychoice isn't ideal for your situation but it is made by the same people as the Quinny so is probably similarly robust.

HTH

Issy42 Tue 27-Oct-09 19:23:27

Thanks both. I'll look at those, although I think the Quinny is out of my price range sadly.

BertieBotts Wed 28-Oct-09 00:02:01

I really like my Loola Up. I have the Bebeconfort footmuff as well - a bit extravagant as a universal one would have been cheaper and lasted longer but I liked it, it's really snuggly and cosy, like a sleeping bag!

DS is one and I still use it even though I have an umbrella fold pushchair now as well. It has 2 modes for suspension so I think it is fine for newborns on potholey roads etc - not brilliant on gravel but TBH most pushchairs aren't unless you buy an off-road one.

Issy42 Thu 29-Oct-09 01:36:46

Thanks Bertie - that's really helpful as main walk near house is a gravel path. Have decided to go back to my original idea of getting one for local walks and another for the car/town, since everything I tried today couldn't really do both. Have ordered the Mura which is on offer at Kiddicare at the mo and will see how long I can manage with that and sling before deciding on lightweight one for car.

CarmelaDeAngelis Thu 29-Oct-09 09:12:51

I got the Mura from kiddicare too - it's FAB! Really good value for money - and I also just got the special offer Loola from them for the car/bus.

The loola isn't the lightest umbrella fold one - but it offers a good amount of comfort for your baby and I chose it for that reason - because if I'm out shopping or for a day out with my family I do not want a whiney upset uncomfortable baby - I want my baby to be happy so I can get on with what I would like to do!
I also love that my baby can face me - I did have a Mac XT for these occasions - and while very comfy - my baby couldn't see my face or communicate with me easily like he would in his mura (which incidentally works really well in parent facing mode).

CarmelaDeAngelis Thu 29-Oct-09 09:15:27

PS - the sling is a great idea too - I have some but cannot always use them due to my bad back (after 4 kids/pregnancies my tummy muscles are in need of some work and so my back suffers). I use the slings whenever I can - but sometimes I need a buggy - and especially having other kids - the buggy is great for carrying the drinks/lunches/coats etc.

Issy42 Fri 30-Oct-09 14:48:21

Thanks Carmela. I caved in and got the Streety too, so I'm sorted for both off road and car now. Was tempted by the Loola as it does look more comfy but the Streety is lighter. The combination came to £100 less than I had been looking at paying for pram and car seat so could always get the Streety carrycot too if needed. Hoping that she'll be comfortable enough with just the footmuff.

Just disappointed I couldn't be in to receive the delivery today - was hoping it would arrive before I left. Just looked at the tracking, I sent the text to rearrange when I left the house at 10:26 and they tried to deliver at 10:33 - they must have been driving in one end of my street as I drove out the other. Ah well, gives me until Tuesday to clear some space for them both grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now